Franklin County experience

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

wolfie_47

Franklin County experience

Post by wolfie_47 »

Showed up at the FC Sheriff's office yesterday for my CCW appointment and was about 20 minutes early. The room was empty except for the employees so they told me to take a seat unless I really wanted to wait till my appointment time; I of course took the seat! The young lady taking my app noticed my Waylon T-shirt and asked if I still had rowdy friends, I laughed and told her "not much anymore" then we began discussing country music and her love of Marty Robbins for about the next 5 minutes. All-in-all the process could not have been easier; the employees were very friendly and only $3.00 to park in the county garage! Now for the wait! :D
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Franklin County experience

Post by Stryker74 »

Glad to hear your experience was good!

On renewals, Franklin county has a pretty fast turnaround - usually within 48 hours. Mine was less than 24 on my last renewal.

For new licenses, I have seen it happen as quick as 3-4 days. So, hopefully - not too much wait time for you!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wolfie_47

Post by wolfie_47 »

Sheriff's office just called and the license is ready. Two day turn-around. :D
CPO Retired

Post by CPO Retired »

A few weeks ago I went in on Wednesday for a 9am appointment to renew. No line and plenty of people in the office asking if they could help me as soon as I walked in the door. I was about 15 minutes early.

I walked out by 8:55am and was completely done.

I expected to wait a couple of weeks. Not so much. I got a call the next morning at 8am telling me my new card was waiting on me.

All I can say is a less than 24 hour turnaround is phenomenal to me.
cjah09

Post by cjah09 »

I just applied for my CCW permit yesterday in Franklin County. I was expecting to have to wait until after the holiday to get the license. I was pleasantly surprised with a 1 day turnaround. Dropped off the application at 10:20am yesterday and received the phone call this morning at 9:30am. Other than the parking, this was a very easy process.