New Law and Working in Ohio

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

VenomCarry

New Law and Working in Ohio

Post by VenomCarry »

I've been a concealed carry holder and state resident in Ohio for a number of years. I also have an out-of-state Florida license as well. I'm about to get married, and i'm moving to Kentucky, however, I work in Cincinnati (Hamilton County) With the new laws and regulations that took place recently, I have a few questions:

1.) Since you can now get a license if you work in Ohio, do I need to have anything changed with Ohio for my CCW license? Do I need to show proof to anyone that I work in Hamilton County?

2.) I know I have to update my Florida OOS License, with my new address.

3.) After 6 months of residency in KY, I am eligible for my KY CCW license. Does any of my firearm training in Ohio, including the NRA certified training work for KY? Or do I need to take another class for KY CCW?

I appreciate any or all help!
JediSkipdogg

Re: New Law and Working in Ohio

Post by JediSkipdogg »

1) You need to inform the issuing Sheriff that you have moved out of Ohio. Nothing will change with your current license besides what is on file and entered in the computer. If you want a new one with your Kentucky address on it I believe that is $15. When your Ohio license expires, if you wish to renew it, you will simply need to show proof that you still work in Ohio. Generally a paycheck should suffice.

2) Chocolate chip pancakes are yummy.

3) It's been a long while since I've researched it and I'm not sure if anything has changed, but 3 years ago to obtain a Kentucky one had to be trained by a resident of Kentucky. I believe the Ohio class would qualify, but it needed to be taught by a Kentucky instructor.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
VenomCarry

Re: New Law and Working in Ohio

Post by VenomCarry »

Thanks, Jedi! Most helpful. Chocolate Chip Pancakes, indeed, yummy!