New application from 3-23-15

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tomb1749

Re: New application from 3-23-15

Post by tomb1749 »

Some one said "Skip 1, 2 & 3 if you are not submitting ATF forms for an NFA purchase" . I did this and the lady "Summit County Jail " said to read it again, I said I didn't see how it applied. She said it must be filled out. I marked that I was not under 18 on question 1 and just put CHL on the blank of question 2 and yes for question 3. the lady then took the application. I hope this was right or I just wasted $67.00.Of course she was no help but I guess she not there to fill out peoples applications. I have to say is was a bit nerve wracking ! Not sure if I did it right.
KingoftheHills

Post by KingoftheHills »

On mine they crossed that section out and I left it blank.
kickz232002

Post by kickz232002 »

I didn't answer mine. Just called now said card is ready for pickup. All county's probably do differently I'm sure
tomb1749

Post by tomb1749 »

I guess the way I answered the questions was good enough, got my CHL last week.
glove

Post by glove »

Hello Everyone
I have a question maybe someone here can answer for me. When I buy a hand gun and have it sent to my FFL I always get the delay from the NICS. I here that Ohio started using the NICS for background check starting in March 2015 for CCW permits. What happens when I renew my CCW and it comes back with a delay do I have to wait the 3 days for the permit to be issued? I have passed the Sherriff background checks twice, my next renewal is 2019.
Thanks
NRA Life Member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club Member 72-75
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

glove wrote:... What happens when I renew my CCW and it comes back with a delay do I have to wait the 3 days for the permit to be issued? ...
We don't know yet. :(
MyWifeSaidYes
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
glove wrote:... What happens when I renew my CCW and it comes back with a delay do I have to wait the 3 days for the permit to be issued? ...
We don't know yet. :(
Yup, there was nothing written into law in regards to the three day wait. An FFL is allowed to proceed if no response is received, or they can deny, but there is no punishment for them if they proceed without a formal proceed. With regards to Sheriff's, unfortunately, nothing was added that says a no response is a proceed.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.