Non Resident to Resident

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Qfac

Non Resident to Resident

Post by Qfac »

Does anyone know if you get a non-Resident Ohio CHL then move to Ohio afterwards (6-8 months) can it be converted over or do you have to re-do the complete process?
NRA Endowment Life Member

"Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.
JediSkipdogg

Re: Non Resident to Resident

Post by JediSkipdogg »

As far as I know they are not calling it a non-resident CHL. It will simply be issued to non-residents. So, if you work in Ohio and get one, then move to Ohio, nothing should change besides being required to update your address on file with the issuing county.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Non Resident to Resident

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Right. Whether you LIVE here or only WORK here, you receive an Ohio CHL.
MyWifeSaidYes