Second Renewal Requirements?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Second Renewal Requirements?

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

ScottyPotty wrote:I looked at the summit county website and they list that you need your training certificate for renewal.

But they never asked for it on my second renewal.
Yep. Out of date info.
MyWifeSaidYes
Beekeeper

Post by Beekeeper »

Bob is right. This is my second renewal. I needed to get some caffeine in my blood this morning to get my brain running. No issues this morning, and the deputy doing the CHLs was great.
When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour.
.George Washington
Tonyglock

Post by Tonyglock »

Just had my appointment for my renewal in Franklin county. You need your CHL, Drivers License, Application (no photo or previous addresses required) and $50. Be aware that they have signs posted that they only accept exact change. Was told current CHL is valid for an additional 30 days until I get the call that new CHL is ready and they will swap out old one for new one.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Tonyglock wrote:... Was told current CHL is valid for an additional 30 days until I get the call that new CHL is ready and they will swap out old one for new one.
Just for clarification, your CHL is good for a grace period of 30 days past its expiration date.

If you renewed AFTER your license expired, but DURING that grace period, you don't get an "additional" 30 days, you only get until 30 days past the expiration.
MyWifeSaidYes