non judicial punishment disqualified?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CPO Retired

Re: non judicial punishment disqualified?

Post by CPO Retired »

Sorry for the slow reply.

All of this is available on the internet, can be difficult to track down sometimes. But here you go:

[phone numbers deleted per TOS. I did pm the original poster the list of numbers--M380g]
Good luck and let me know if I can point you in the right direction or help out.
nateoiler2710

Post by nateoiler2710 »

All my worrying for nothing. Got the call this morning its ready for pick up with only 4 or 5 days to spare. Thanks for everyones concern. But there are still vets out there that have problems getting their permit. If a vet comes home and lives here less than 5 years he or she (or it nowadays) will be subject to fbi check which appears as a conviction with art15s. Although its not a conviction it can easily be interpreted as such. I honestly feel the only reason i passed is because they only did bci. I hope my people of this forum can help find a way to fix this issue. Once again thank you all for sharing resouces and knowledge.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks for following up. Very good notion to point this potential problem out for others, and OFCC is certainly the group to make aware of it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Brian D. wrote:Thanks for following up. Very good notion to point this potential problem out for others, and OFCC is certainly the group to make aware of it.
The problem is I'm not sure what can be done. It sounds like the idiots that deal with military justice need to get with the program of allowing records to be sealed/expunged and when they add them making sure there's notation that it's a non-criminal type record.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
nateoiler2710

Post by nateoiler2710 »

This issue is not only in ohio its a federal issue. If anyone who reads this can help activly pursue this issue, or even know what the hell to do about it i would appreciate it.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

nateoiler2710 wrote:This issue is not only in ohio its a federal issue. If anyone who reads this can help activly pursue this issue, or even know what the hell to do about it i would appreciate it.
Contact your Federal Rep/Senator.

US Senate
US House of Representatives (Enter Zip in top right corner)

Don't take it on as a gun issue but as a background check issue. Say you want to clean up your record but there's no method to do it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.