day 32 waiting and article 15 in military

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

nateoiler2710

day 32 waiting and article 15 in military

Post by nateoiler2710 »

Ok so i have been out of the military for 10 years. I decided to get my chl after a home invasion. I am concerned i will be denied because of a non judicial punishment from my commanding officer. I know that non judicial punishment is not a conviction but i have heard horror stories about sherrifs holding military affairs against us veterans because they dont understand military law. I tested positive for a small amount of marijuana in my system and my comanding officer decided not to seperate me but to take half months pay for 2 months. That was my "sentence". Mind u this was not a courtmarshal and was treated as workplace dicipline to keep me in line. My question is do you guys think i will be ok? I called at day 30 and they said they were waiting on a disposition from a disorderly conduct. My other question is does ohio only do a bci check only since ive been here over 5year? Because i belive jt wont show up unless they do a fbi check. Fbi would show arrest and sentence but not that it was non judicial in nature
djthomas

Re: day 32 waiting and article 15 in military

Post by djthomas »

The reason they're waiting on a disposition for a disorderly conduct is probably to make sure it doesn't concern engaging in fighting, in threatening harm to persons or property, or in violent or turbulent behavior, the target of which was a family or household member.

I don't think your military thing will cause any problems.
nateoiler2710

Post by nateoiler2710 »

The disorderly has been dismissed it took me all of 2 minutes. Its aggrevating because its taking forever. Is there a attorney who can chime in on this njp situation
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

This counts as a dupe, so see my response in this thread:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p4308721" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
nateoiler2710

Post by nateoiler2710 »

Sodbuster this makes sense. But a fbi under ncic will show i was arrested and sentenced. A sherrif could easily make the mistake of seeing it as a crime
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Let's all focus on one or the other thread for the same issue, and we'll make it the other thread that has more responses.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.