Changed county and notified...now I question it...

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Moneypit

Re: Changed county and notified...now I question it...

Post by Moneypit »

I failed to notify of my address change (one year prior) and was a bit nervous when I went for my renewal. I knew I was wrong, but life was busy and I didn't carry after I moved. I did get a gentle scolding for not notifying when I renewed, but my renewal processed in one week.
I have done something wicked yet my heart feels as pure as a lamb.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Moneypit wrote:I failed to notify of my address change (one year prior) and was a bit nervous when I went for my renewal. I knew I was wrong, but life was busy and I didn't carry after I moved. I did get a gentle scolding for not notifying when I renewed, but my renewal processed in one week.
They can scold, or even roll their eyes. But that fact remains there is no criminal penalty for a failure to update your address and it is not a valid reason for denial or revocation of license.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

BobK wrote:
Moneypit wrote:I failed to notify of my address change (one year prior) and was a bit nervous when I went for my renewal. I knew I was wrong, but life was busy and I didn't carry after I moved. I did get a gentle scolding for not notifying when I renewed, but my renewal processed in one week.
They can scold, or even roll their eyes. But that fact remains there is no criminal penalty for a failure to update your address and it is not a valid reason for denial or revocation of license.
Hello deputy... I'm two years late in my moving notification and I'd like to pay the fine... How much is it?

A directive with no teeth in OUR favor.... Strange to be on this side of the tracks for once... Until some bean counter finds there's money to be made from us scofflaws... Procrastination in the first degree!
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY