First renewal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mjmcconnell1

First renewal

Post by Mjmcconnell1 »

Hello everyone! I am due for my first renewal of my ccw. My original license was issued in portage county and I have since moved back to toledo. In 2012 I notified the portage county sheriff of my move and provided the address. I did not get a license remade with my new address printed on it. I have an appointment with wood county sheriff this coming Tuesday and was wondering if I'll be considered a "new" chl permit with the new cost since it's not an adjoining county or if I will be considered a "renewal" with renewal cost. I'm hoping I didn't mess up by not getting my license reprinted with updated address.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: First renewal

Post by JustaShooter »

It should be considered a renewal - but be aware, there have been reports of sheriffs treating other counties' license renewals as new applications. Shouldn't be the case and I don't see anything in Ohio law that allows it, but it has happened.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Mjmcconnell1

Post by Mjmcconnell1 »

Will they give me any crap about my address?
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Mjmcconnell1 wrote:Will they give me any crap about my address?
May not hurt to give them a call, explain your situation, and find out everything they will require before you get there.

I changed counties on my last renewal, and they (Geauga) asked for everything, just like a new application. I didn't make a fuss about it, since I was already expired, and just wanted to get it done. But I did call first, and they told me what they wanted in advance.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Mjmcconnell1

Post by Mjmcconnell1 »

I have the letter from the sheriff office that aknowledges the receipt of my notice and the signed slip showing who signed for it at the sheriff office. I was just going to take it all with me. I would call but the deputy for ccw at wood county is out of the office until the 26 and my appointment is the 27