Sw ohio co for CHL app

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Crawfw

Sw ohio co for CHL app

Post by Crawfw »

Hi all,
New member here. Just finished CHL/CCW class. I live in Warren co and looking for best experience for application process. I've heard conflicting info on timing for montgomery co. Basically just wondering which is best. Warren or Montgomery co.
Thanks for any and all input

Bill
fisher3

Re: Sw ohio co for CHL app

Post by fisher3 »

I have had good experience at Warren. Sometimes they take a while on scheduling the appointments but generally pretty quick. On my renewal, it was me and the wife, we were in and out with the new license within 30 minutes. Folks are friendly and easy to deal with

BTW Welcome
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

I had good service with Warren county last May when I got mine..They had to do the FBI check and everything because I haven't been an Ohio resident for 5 years..Took 3 days from the time I dropped my application off and did my finger prints until I received my CHL in the mail...It wouldn't have taken that long if the feds wasn't moving slow...I'd definitely recommend Warren county
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
mreising

Post by mreising »

If you can get an appointment in a reasonable time, Warren will issue your license very quickly. If they are booked out for more than 3 weeks until you can get an appointment, then check out Clermont or Hamilton. No appointment needed and you will probably have your license in 10-20 days at either place. I believe Warren and Clermont will mail the license to you now so you don't have to make a second trip to pick it up (check with the sheriffs' websites).
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.