Application question - addresses

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

westsidebestside

Application question - addresses

Post by westsidebestside »

I will be taking my training next weekend and am getting my application ready to go. My question deals with the section where I'm supposed to list every place I've lived since I was 18. While I have lived in my current house for over 20 years, I moved around quite a bit in college and from job to job when establishing my career. This was 30-40 years ago (will be turning 58 in a few days). Is just putting the years for the various addresses sufficient, or should I attempt to put down the months (which will be somewhat a guess in some cases)? Thanks in advance.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Application question - addresses

Post by JustaShooter »

I was in a similar situation as you are, and I just put down year from/to and in some cases just city/state for the address because I couldn't recall and no longer had records with the actual street address. All went smoothly for me, and I've heard that is the case for others as well.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BobK

Post by BobK »

If you make a sincere effort to do the best you can, you will be fine.

Btw, temporary addresses while in college do not necessarily count if you still maintained a parent's address as your "permanent" residence. For example, when I went to Ohio State, my driver license and tax returns still listed my parent's address.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

This is something OFCC is looking at changing next legislative session. I'm hoping we can maybe get it down to just the past 10 years. Heck, I just did a whole bunch of federal forms and they only wanted the last 7 years of my life in most categories. Why Ohio wants the last 50 for some people is beyond me.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Just IMHO, but it smells like the legislature were so intent on screwing with us that they let this bit of silliness continue.

The intent appears to be finding a way to be sure that the applicant doesn't have leftover warrants and other things of that nature. The idea that an applicant might be 68 (like I am), and have lived all kinds of places, just didn't hit them.

IMHO, a list of counties ought to be good enough....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם