Franklin County Application Wait Time

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mighty_Taco311

Franklin County Application Wait Time

Post by Mighty_Taco311 »

I submitted my application Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I am still waiting to hear back. I have lived in state my whole life and had five different change of residences on my application. I was wondering if waiting this long is normal in Franklin county since I have read all over in forums that they normally have a 24 hr turnaround time? I did call them about a week ago to see if it was ready and the technician I talked to was rude and told me not to call and ask about my application status.
Mighty_Taco311

Re: Franklin County Application Wait Time

Post by Mighty_Taco311 »

Update: They called me this morning. It took Four weeks.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Mighty_Taco311 wrote:I submitted my application Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I am still waiting to hear back. I have lived in state my whole life and had five different change of residences on my application. I was wondering if waiting this long is normal in Franklin county since I have read all over in forums that they normally have a 24 hr turnaround time? I did call them about a week ago to see if it was ready and the technician I talked to was rude and told me not to call and ask about my application status.
Not everybody hits the "turnaround lotto".

And yeah, rudeness exists there. I had an issue that had to be addressed, was told 'No' by one of the deputies running the desk (more than once) and actually had to raise my voice to get him to call for his supervisor.

My license took over a month to receive, also. :oops:
MyWifeSaidYes
photodude

Post by photodude »

BCI & I that does the background checks have been running behing for the last 3 months. Sometimes they get the background done the same day some times its 30 days before it is sent to the Sheriff's Office.