Mahoning County Renewal?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dkishton1486

Mahoning County Renewal?

Post by dkishton1486 »

Hello all,
Im sure this has been mentioned before but I had a few questions. My first question is how soon before my current permit expires can I renew my license? Next, I got my license in Trumbull County and I would rather get it done in Mahoning County. Do I just follow what they say for "Renewal" on the Sheriffs website even though I didnt go there in the first place? Or would I need everything including my certificate?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Mahoning County Renewal?

Post by JustaShooter »

dkishton1486 wrote:Hello all,
Im sure this has been mentioned before but I had a few questions. My first question is how soon before my current permit expires can I renew my license?
Up to 90 days before it expires. Keep in mind, when you renew early your license is only valid for 5 years from the date it is issued, not from the old expiration date, so you lose a bit of time when you do that. For some people, that is a big deal, for others, not so much.
dkishton1486 wrote:Next, I got my license in Trumbull County and I would rather get it done in Mahoning County. Do I just follow what they say for "Renewal" on the Sheriffs website even though I didnt go there in the first place? Or would I need everything including my certificate?
You should not need to do anything different when renewing in a different county - but I have heard of some Sheriffs making you do a new application rather than a renewal or requiring your certificate. I don't see where that is permitted under the law, so it would be up to you to decide if you wanted to make an issue out of it if it were to happen to you.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!