Noble County Slow Renewal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

RockinB

Noble County Slow Renewal

Post by RockinB »

This is my second renewal in Noble County since first license issued there in 2005. As of yesterday it has been 21 days since I applied, haven't heard from them. All the info on my application has been the same each time ( prior addresses ) and my residency has not changed in 20 years. IIRC the previous licenses were issued most expeditiously, all that has changed is the Sheriff. Noble being the smallest county in the state and being a rural county I can't imagine there being a backlog of applicants. Anyone else out there experienced this?

One would think a renewal would take less time, especially with the redundancy of info on the application.
The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.
"REMEMBER THE ALAMO"
What one generation tolerates, the next one embraces.
Brian D.

Re: Noble County Slow Renewal

Post by Brian D. »

It has surprised me to learn--from reading about it here for years--that in some counties they seem to have only ONE employee who knows how to process the applications. If that person is sick, on vacation, freshly deceased, whatever, there's nobody else to plug in as a substitute. And some of the counties where this was reportedly the case weren't exactly tiny.

By comparison I work for a smallish fire/EMS department. Something I have always preached to the higher-ups is that we shouldn't have ANY task that only one person knows how to do, from putting a new flag up outside, to maintaining our air packs, doing payroll, whatever. Sometimes they listen sometimes not.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
xxxamishxxx

Post by xxxamishxxx »

you also have a sheriff there was was taken off the ballot at election time because he was not qualified for that position so he ran a write in campaign and won.. its small town politics. They do what they want there and if you are an outsider they will try to make your life hell.
Accurate Concepts Training, LLC
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Punishers Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club
RockinB

Post by RockinB »

xxcxamishxxx; I'm well aware of the small town politics. They worked hard to get rid of the former sheriff who was well liked by many and had held the office for many years. He was a democrat but of the old time variety, the Harry Truman variety. The new one is the new variety of democrat. When questioned as to what side he would take in a big government versus the citizens he chose big government's side, enough said.
The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.
"REMEMBER THE ALAMO"
What one generation tolerates, the next one embraces.
xxxamishxxx

Post by xxxamishxxx »

When he won the election, it was going to go back to court because the Ohio supreme court ruled against him in the ballot issue. But that would cost time and lots of money to keep fighting it and basically the voters wanted him in. He even had his deputy's campaigning for him on duty, and lots of his opponents signs seemed to come up missing... oh well its done and over with. i hope the voters are happy with what they got.
BobK

Post by BobK »

RockinB wrote:... As of yesterday it has been 21 days since I applied.... the previous licenses were issued most expeditiously, all that has changed is the Sheriff.
RockinB wrote:... The new one is the new variety of democrat. ...
A modern (D) dragging his feet on issuing carry licenses? Shocked I tell you! Simply shocked!
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

BobK wrote:
RockinB wrote:... As of yesterday it has been 21 days since I applied.... the previous licenses were issued most expeditiously, all that has changed is the Sheriff.
RockinB wrote:... The new one is the new variety of democrat. ...
A modern (D) dragging his feet on issuing carry licenses? Shocked I tell you! Simply shocked!
What better way to show his resistance to Concealed Carry! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
dogman716

Post by dogman716 »

The good ole boy system in noble co.Ive been carrying since early 90s ,but no place ive ever lived been more difficult than this s@#$hole. Good luck to you on renewing !
xxxamishxxx

Post by xxxamishxxx »

When I go down that way to visit family in Monroe County, I skip going thru Noble and go thru Belmont instead most of the time... who knows what would happen if i got pulled over in that county.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

dogman716 wrote:The good ole boy system in noble co.Ive been carrying since early 90s ,but no place ive ever lived been more difficult than this s@#$hole. Good luck to you on renewing !
Welcome. please note that you jumped into an old thread here. Interesting that it sounds as though Noble County may still have issues.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.