Wayne County Renewal A+

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hkuspclem40

Wayne County Renewal A+

Post by hkuspclem40 »

Dealt with Wayne County for the first time. I did my original and first renewal with Summit. This was my second renewal and I was very pleased.

After hearing a couple co-workers stories about renewing in Summit recently, and my own past experiences there, I turned to the forums for a little research and some personal experiences.

After reading this thread..... http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79923" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and, in particular, this post by OvertaxedVoter......
IMHO, anyone who is a Summit County resident should look at getting their CHL through the Wayne County Sheriff's office.

1. Wayne County schedules appointments in 15 minute increments, throughout the day, every weekday.

In Summit County you are limited to a couple of specific day of the week and time of day windows that are nothing more than "try your luck", "hope for the best", "first come, first served" cattle calls.

In mid-May of 2014, I was able to schedule in Wayne County as soon as the next day and was able to schedule back to back appointments for my wife and myself within that same week.

Someone checking the Wayne County site for appointments at nearly 2:30 today (Friday) will find several openings beginning at soon as 11:30 on the following Tuesday.

http://wcso.appointy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. With a properly completed form and all required documentation, my wife's and my standard Ohio CHL were both issued by Wayne County within 48 hours.

As you experienced, Summit County seems to regularly take most of, if not all of, a month.

3. Rather than taking off of work for a second time just to pick up your license as Summit County requires, Wayne County (as well as Portage County) will allow you to provide a self addressed, stamped envelope at the time of submitting the application and will mail your license to you.

For my wife and I, we had the last 2 appointments in Wayne County on a Thursday and had our CHLs in our Summit County home's mailbox on Tuesday.

4. For an additional $5.00, Wayne County will prepare an extra set of fingerprint cards during your one and only trip to Wooster so you can apply for the Florida non-resident license.

I can't say enough good things about the Wayne County Sheriff Dept's process of handling CHL applications and applicants.
I'm glad I chose Wayne. Everybody was friendly. Their availability was better. Finding where i needed to go and parking were a breeze. The fact they would mail me my CHL when it was ready was priceless. Renewed on Friday and had it in the mailbox Wednesday.

Hats off to Deputy Franks and the Wayne County SO
NRA Life Member
rflemen

Re: Wayne County Renewal A+

Post by rflemen »

hkuspclem40 wrote:Dealt with Wayne County for the first time. I did my original and first renewal with Summit. This was my second renewal and I was very pleased.

After hearing a couple co-workers stories about renewing in Summit recently, and my own past experiences there, I turned to the forums for a little research and some personal experiences.

After reading this thread..... http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79923" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and, in particular, this post by OvertaxedVoter......
IMHO, anyone who is a Summit County resident should look at getting their CHL through the Wayne County Sheriff's office.

1. Wayne County schedules appointments in 15 minute increments, throughout the day, every weekday.

In Summit County you are limited to a couple of specific day of the week and time of day windows that are nothing more than "try your luck", "hope for the best", "first come, first served" cattle calls.

In mid-May of 2014, I was able to schedule in Wayne County as soon as the next day and was able to schedule back to back appointments for my wife and myself within that same week.

Someone checking the Wayne County site for appointments at nearly 2:30 today (Friday) will find several openings beginning at soon as 11:30 on the following Tuesday.

http://wcso.appointy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. With a properly completed form and all required documentation, my wife's and my standard Ohio CHL were both issued by Wayne County within 48 hours.

As you experienced, Summit County seems to regularly take most of, if not all of, a month.

3. Rather than taking off of work for a second time just to pick up your license as Summit County requires, Wayne County (as well as Portage County) will allow you to provide a self addressed, stamped envelope at the time of submitting the application and will mail your license to you.

For my wife and I, we had the last 2 appointments in Wayne County on a Thursday and had our CHLs in our Summit County home's mailbox on Tuesday.

4. For an additional $5.00, Wayne County will prepare an extra set of fingerprint cards during your one and only trip to Wooster so you can apply for the Florida non-resident license.

I can't say enough good things about the Wayne County Sheriff Dept's process of handling CHL applications and applicants.
I'm glad I chose Wayne. Everybody was friendly. Their availability was better. Finding where i needed to go and parking were a breeze. The fact they would mail me my CHL when it was ready was priceless. Renewed on Friday and had it in the mailbox Wednesday.

Hats off to Deputy Franks and the Wayne County SO
I am from Summit as well and when I went for my original they didn't even return my call, so I went to Portage instead. They were great and mailed be my permit when it was done (think it was like 5 days). I plan to go through them when I renew.

Rob
Beretta 92 FS
Glock 19 Gen4
M&P Shield 9mm
Baby Desert Eagle II .45 acp
M&P 22
S&W Bodyguard
Colt M4
Ruger 10/22