Proud hubby

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Proud hubby

Post by JustaShooter »

So, a year and a half after insisting that I get my CHL, last weekend my wife finally decided to take a CHL class herself. (As we all know, she-who-must-not-be-denied does things in her *own* time... :wink: ) Of course she passed it (her daddy taught her to shoot while she was a wee lass), and today she applied in Wayne County for her CHL. The officer said it should be mailed out Monday.

Also today, one of the two holsters she ordered arrived (thigh holster to wear under her dresses). Of course she had to show it off to me, and she just can't wait for her CHL to arrive so she can take it for a spin outside of the 4 walls of our house.

To say that I'm proud of her would be an understatement! :mrgreen:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tweed Ring

Re: Proud hubby

Post by Tweed Ring »

Excellent!
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

That is awesome!..I'm going to help my fiance get her CHL ...I think it is good for women to have protection as well.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

WooHoo! Congrats to Mrs. JustaShooter!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Nice...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
LegoGlock

Post by LegoGlock »

:Thumbsup: 8)
“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Congrats to Mrs. JustaBetterShooter? :lol:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Congrats to the Mrs!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:Congrats to Mrs. JustaBetterShooter? :lol:
Hey now, that's just a rumor I started so that folks would fear the Mrs. even more than they fear me... :twisted:

Truth be told, she used to be able to shoot my Ruger P89 better than I could, but I could out-shoot her when using my P90. She's a bit out of practice with the P89 now that she has an LC9 so I'm not sure that is still the case.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Her CHL arrived in the mail Tuesday so that was a nice quick turnaround, as we've come to expect from Wayne County. (I forgot to post an update :oops:)

We did the Wal-Mart walk that night (actually Mark's, but who's counting?) and she seems to be adapting more quickly than I did. Not sure if being around me carrying daily helped or if she is just that way...
NRA Life Member

Sig1144

Post by Sig1144 »

Very cool. My wife is considering doing the class this summer, especially after a woman was stabbed on the local bike path this past winter.

I've also encouraged her to do it so that we can keep guns in the cars without having to worry about moving them for different drivers.

Did you attend the class with her?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Sig1144 wrote:Very cool. My wife is considering doing the class this summer, especially after a woman was stabbed on the local bike path this past winter.

I've also encouraged her to do it so that we can keep guns in the cars without having to worry about moving them for different drivers.

Yeah, my wife being out walking without me at times was one of the things that helped motivate her to get hers as well. Shoot, *I'm* nervous when out on the trails alone any more!

I did one better than attending - I was an assistant and Range Safety Officer for the trainer who did her class. She thought that was cool. 8)

Even if it hadn't worked out that way, I'd have checked with the instructor to see if I could sit in on the class with her, but wouldn't have pushed it if the trainer wasn't inclined to allow it since I wouldn't have been inclined to pay for the additional seat.
NRA Life Member

Sig1144

Post by Sig1144 »

JustaShooter wrote:
Sig1144 wrote:Very cool. My wife is considering doing the class this summer, especially after a woman was stabbed on the local bike path this past winter.

Yeah, my wife being out walking without me at times was one of the things that helped motivate her to get hers as well. Shoot, *I'm* nervous when out on the trails alone any more!

I did one better than attending - I was an assistant and Range Safety Officer for the trainer who did her class. She thought that was cool. 8)

Even if it hadn't worked out that way, I'd have checked with the instructor to see if I could sit in on the class with her, but wouldn't have pushed it if the trainer wasn't inclined to allow it since I wouldn't have been inclined to pay for the additional seat.
Nice!

My instructor told us that we could attend with our spouses if they chose to take it. My wife may take the class along with her mother instead.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Sig1144 wrote:Nice!

My instructor told us that we could attend with our spouses if they chose to take it. My wife may take the class along with her mother instead.
That's good, it probably helps many women feel more comfortable to have their spouse there since in most cases they will be in a room full of strangers - and in most cases, strange men. For me and my wife it would have been more about me being able to add clarification for (and potentially, counter) discussion points since she understands how I present things - I speak her language. She wouldn't have been put off by the setting as much as some might.
NRA Life Member