Franklin County-Excellent job

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

nash

Franklin County-Excellent job

Post by nash »

The parking is a pain but it only took 1 day for renewal. Delaware was booked up for 7 weeks, and my expiration was in 4 weeks. The ladies at Franklin County were very nice. A+ :D

I paid $6 to park for the appointment. This is still cheap compared to Pgh or Philly. I got lucky at pickup and found a meter with some time left. :D
NRA Life Member--GOA Member
Brian D.

Re: Franklin County-Excellent job

Post by Brian D. »

Someone here once posted a google-type map of downtown Columbus which showed where there were normally some meters available about a block away from the building. That seemed like it would have been very helpful info to have. However, it was done a couple of years back, so it's easy to imagine that things have changed in the downtown area in that regard.

Along the same lines, in downtown Cincinnati (Hamilton County), the insider's tip I like to share is to head there between 8 and 9 am. The sheriff's office building is open, court hasn't started yet, and any available nearby meters are no-charge at that time of day.

Of course, thanks to the new HamCo sheriff, there is a second, satellite office which does CHL work out in the northeast part of the county, near Mt. Healthy I believe. Plenty of parking in the lot and nearby. The county has discussed opening yet another such facility in the Anderson Township neighborhood, but I don't think it's happened as of yet. In any event that seems like a good idea for any of the big, urban counties to ponder.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
BobK

Re: Franklin County-Excellent job

Post by BobK »

Brian D. wrote:Someone here once posted a google-type map of downtown Columbus which showed where there were normally some meters available about a block away from the building. That seemed like it would have been very helpful info to have. However, it was done a couple of years back, so it's easy to imagine that things have changed in the downtown area in that regard.
This is what I posted way back when.

The entrance to the CHL Office has now moved above the letter "I" in "Office instead of facing High St., but the parking situation is still there.

Here is an updated view. Note that E. Fulton St is a one way street going westbound:

I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?