Lucas County Renewal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SylCarry87

Lucas County Renewal

Post by SylCarry87 »

Just went and renewed my license yesterday morning. I went early before work. There was no line and it took about 10 minutes. Clerk couldn't give me a solid time for turn around, up to 45 days. My father just renewed there last month and he got his in a week.

Procrastination and me are buddies so there will be a window where I will not have a valid CHL for a while. Cause I renewed 2 days before expiration. Shame on me!!
Man has made tools for himself since he had the awareness to do so.
Every tool has its purpose but ultimately it is the wielder who determines its use.
A firearm is the same.

Guns are always loaded. Always
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Lucas County Renewal

Post by Cosmos »

All Ohio CHLs are still valid during a 30-day grace period after the stated expiration date.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

I renewed last month and it took about 2 1/2 weeks, and as stated above you get thirty days provided you filed before expiration.

All the best, Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Too late for you now, of course, but I ran into the same situation and renewed after expiration in Wood County. Turnaround was 1 day. And they're a *lot* friendlier down there.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
SylCarry87

Post by SylCarry87 »

So my CHL is valid after expiration provided I had filed for renewal. That's good to know, thank you guys!

I'm hoping for a quick turn around.
Man has made tools for himself since he had the awareness to do so.
Every tool has its purpose but ultimately it is the wielder who determines its use.
A firearm is the same.

Guns are always loaded. Always
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Actually, the 30 days grace period is good regardless of whether or not you filed for a renewal...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY