Richland County... Not up to par for renewal.

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

HkSniper

Richland County... Not up to par for renewal.

Post by HkSniper »

When I first got my license I had a next day turn around to pick it up. I went to the SO to renew over two weeks ago. I have not heard anything back since. License is now expired so I am now a criminal if I carry.

Really disappointed and I plan in making a phone call tomorrow to figure what the hold up is.

Anyone else have issues...?
mreising

Re: Richland County... Not up to par for renewal.

Post by mreising »

They have up to 45 days so you might have considered renewing a little earlier. By the way, there is a 30 day grace period after expiration so you are not a criminal.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

My suggestion will do you no good, but it might help others.

Two of my kids, who live in Delaware County, went to Morrow County and it was very quick and easy. Perhaps next time...
HkSniper

Post by HkSniper »

25 days now.

Still nothing.

Will update if anything changes. :roll:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

If you've followed these forums for any length of time, you may have seen similar threads from various counties through the years. Sometimes it comes to light that seemingly only ONE particular person in a sheriff's office processes the concealed carry applications, and any time that person retires is sick, on vacation, etc. the whole thing slows down or comes to a grinding halt. I blame that on very poor administration and management. In contrast I'd wager that even the tiniest county sheriff's office has more than one clerk/deputy who can handle processing traffic ticket payouts.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.