Lake County A+++

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

cwb90

Lake County A+++

Post by cwb90 »

Took my wife to Lake County for her new chl last week. Lake County uses an online appointment system that you just go to their website and schedule the time you want. We had a 9:20 am apptointment but arrived about 20 minutes early. The deputies started the license process within a few minutes after arrival and my wife had her license in hand 40 minutes later. The whole appointment process worked flawlessy. Other counties should benchmark Lake Counties process. The deputies working that day were very nice and had a great sense of humor. They made the whole process very enjoyable. Sheriff Dunlap should be very proud to have a group of dedicated Sheriffs that make this process work so well day after day.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Lake County A+++

Post by gaptrick »

Made a 9AM appointment online...

Got there at 8:45 and they took me straight away...

They checked application, took picture and digital prints...

9:15 and I was walking out of there 50 bucks lighter but with a renewed license in pocket.

While waiting I overheard a phone conversation between a deputy and a caller where the deputy says, what the heck... come on it today and we'll hook you up because they were having a slow day anyway.

Very nice group of people there and I recommend letting Lake County take your money.

I still don't know the fat old man in the picture though...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
pirateguy191

Re: Lake County A+++

Post by pirateguy191 »

I had a husband/wife that took my class and went to Lake County for their initial license. Total time for both licenses to be issued.............20 minutes. Excellent service in Lake County.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB