New CCP Application Pike County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AmendII71

New CCP Application Pike County

Post by AmendII71 »

Well it is day 17 and I still have not received my permit. I officially applied at sheriff's Office on February 18. I guess I am now a little worried because I called the sheriff's office two days ago and asked about the status and the clerk (whom I know) reported that the background check was mailed from the Attorney General's Office instead of emailed. She asked if I had ever been arrested in the past, and I reported that yes I had a DUI from 17 years ago. Other than that I am clean. She said a DUI would not prevent me from obtaining my license, as did the County Prosecuting Attorney on the day I asked him at my certification class. Is the reason they mailed it instead of emailing it just because there is in deed information of an arrest on the background check? Just a little paranoid and anxious here. Should I be worried? In a paranoid delusion I have been racking my brain trying to think of anything that would be on my record from the past. Should not be anything else. I served in Air Force for 5 years, a few traffic tickets, no other incidents. I can't take the anticipation anymore!
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."
mreising

Re: New CCP Application Pike County

Post by mreising »

Don't sweat it yet. Many counties are taking 3-4 weeks and a few take the full 45 days. And welcome to the group.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Welcome and good luck. The sheriff has 45 days to issue your CHL.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I will just keep waiting.
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

Day 24 and I am still waiting. :cry:
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

Day 30 Received approved permit in mail.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

It shouldn't take that long but some counties are worse!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

Brian D. wrote:It shouldn't take that long but some counties are worse!
The clerk that worked at the Sheriff's Office seem to indicate that it takes longer when the person applying has an actual arrest on their record such as I did 15 years or so ago with a DUI. Does that make sense or is that probably a line of bull?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

AmendII71 wrote:
The clerk that worked at the Sheriff's Office seem to indicate that it takes longer when the person applying has an actual arrest on their record such as I did 15 years or so ago with a DUI. Does that make sense or is that probably a line of bull?
I'm certainly not versed in how record keeping is done--although reading stuff on this forum has been educational--but I don't see why gleaning the details of a single arrest incident somehow becomes as onerous as calculating, with paper and pencil, the square root of 2 out to the umpteenth decimal place.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
AmendII71

Post by AmendII71 »

Brian D. wrote:
AmendII71 wrote:
I'm certainly not versed in how record keeping is done--although reading stuff on this forum has been educational--but I don't see why gleaning the details of a single arrest incident somehow becomes as onerous as calculating, with paper and pencil, the square root of 2 out to the umpteenth decimal place.
Well.......good point.