head and shoulders

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

nurkvinny

Re: head and shoulders

Post by nurkvinny »

No, you supply one with your application.

When you go back for your license, they take another picture, which is used on your actual license.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

I already have my CHL, I didn't have a photo. When I called the HCSO to schedule my appointment, I asked about the photo & was told they'd take the pictures. I do remember the deputy taking 2 photos.

This isn't to say that all Sheriffs do this, only that mine did.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
mreising

Post by mreising »

The idea of the photo with the application is for running the background check. If someone with the same name pops up, but the mugshot is obviously not you, it helps the process. For a renewal, they already have your photo available from your license photo. However as noted, there are some sheriffs that will take the photo for your initial application and save you five or ten bucks.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

mreising wrote:The idea of the photo with the application is for running the background check. If someone with the same name pops up, but the mugshot is obviously not you, it helps the process. For a renewal, they already have your photo available from your license photo. However as noted, there are some sheriffs that will take the photo for your initial application and save you five or ten bucks.
How does that help? Photos aren't sent to BCI or III except in very very rare cases and generally only on III when the FBI takes said photo. A photo will only help if the county running said background check also holds said photo and took said photo with arrest. When we arrest someone, we take a photo for our in house system only and the Hamilton County Justice Center takes it for their in house system only. None are tied to BCI/III which is what the background check is run through.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
mreising

Post by mreising »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
mreising wrote:The idea of the photo with the application is for running the background check. If someone with the same name pops up, but the mugshot is obviously not you, it helps the process. For a renewal, they already have your photo available from your license photo. However as noted, there are some sheriffs that will take the photo for your initial application and save you five or ten bucks.
How does that help? Photos aren't sent to BCI or III except in very very rare cases and generally only on III when the FBI takes said photo. A photo will only help if the county running said background check also holds said photo and took said photo with arrest. When we arrest someone, we take a photo for our in house system only and the Hamilton County Justice Center takes it for their in house system only. None are tied to BCI/III which is what the background check is run through.
Okay. I thought they would get a picture online if someone is wanted and their pix were in the system. In any case, they want a photo with the application for whatever reason.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

mreising wrote:Okay. I thought they would get a picture online if someone is wanted and their pix were in the system. In any case, they want a photo with the application for whatever reason.
If it's uploaded on a warrant we can. That's ummm, new technology, :roll: :roll: to NCIC and LEADS so not many warrants have it. If it's on a BCI record, that takes a special request and submitting of your first born child. Still not as bad as getting a Wisconsin BMV photo which requires all children, your next of kin listing, adding Wisconsin state to your will, and sending thirteen different forms of government issued ID.

Heck, I'm still waiting for Ticket Printers. You would think someone would develep a tablet based ticket system knowing how terrible officer's handwriting is.

To get sorta back on topic, this is why I say background checks are sorta pointless. The system is broken from every angle. There are standards, but they don't apply at enough levels in enough areas to make anything complete. And then they throw items in that just don't make sense (like the requiring of a photo.)
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
cwb90

Post by cwb90 »

Any Walmart will do this. Just go to their photo department and ask.