Double Photos?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Kevin8503

Double Photos?

Post by Kevin8503 »

Just wondering the rationale, I'm sure one if you guys (or gals) will know why...

Submitted my app in Geauga County on Saturday morning (wooooo that was one heck of a drive). To submit I had to attach a passport photo (which is cool, no big deal). She taped it to the application, took my prints, and then took another photograph of me against a blue background.

I guess I'm at a loss for the need of two separate photographs. First one to fulfill the ORC and a second because they like a digital copy? Idk, just seems pointless.

Someone enlighten me please :)
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Double Photos?

Post by cashman966 »

The photo you provide was for your folder to help with the background check and is mandated by law. The picture they took of you is the one that will go on your CHL once you pass the background check.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
BobK

Post by BobK »

The digital photo gets printed on your license.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Back in 04 the digital photo wasn't usually taken till the day you picked up the approved License. As set up, the photo you supplied with the application was to insure that the person picking up the License was the same on that dropped off the application.
At least that was the story in 04!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Kevin8503

Post by Kevin8503 »

Geesh, maybe that wasn't the morning to just roll out of bed and go!

Makes sense, thanks everyone!