new from medina.. waiting

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

G19SVP

new from medina.. waiting

Post by G19SVP »

Today makes three weeks I've been waiting.
No background or criminal history whatsoever, who knows why it's been this long?

Anyway glad to be part of this forum!
bearkitty

Re: new from medina.. waiting

Post by bearkitty »

Welcome!

I'm from the opposite corner of the state, but I travel to and through Medina often. I just love the way my GPS says "Medina County Road", more like Funky Cold Medina rather than Mu-dine-a.

Hope you get something soon!
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
mreising

Post by mreising »

Welcome to the forums. 3 weeks is within the normal range for a lot of counties so I would not sweat things yet. They have up to 45 calendar days to issue so you're still within that range. On the other had, we have all been there, waiting for that phone call to pick up our license. Kind of like waiting for your birthday to arrive when you are a kid. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
G19SVP

Post by G19SVP »

Thanks guys.
Although I was informed that they don't call you. They mail you letter telling you when your license is ready.. Doesn't make much sense to me. But hey whatever floats their boat!!
gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gilly32 »

Have you received your license from the Medina County Sheriff? How long did it actually take?

I had my renewal appointment on Jan 31st, and I know my background check was complete on Feb. 3rd (at least at the local level), but I have not heard back yet.
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gilly32 »

Got the call yesterday. My renewal is ready for pick-up. My appointment was on January 31st, so....25 days.
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave