Non-resident; Erie PA

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Non-resident; Erie PA

Post by JustaShooter »

All PA counties require two references (it is on the state-mandated form) but I don't know if Erie requires them to be Erie county residents, PA residents, or allows references from out of state. For that matter, I don't know if Erie county even issues to non-residents.

Make that call, and post back here with your findings!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
racer265

Post by racer265 »

I got my PA non resident from erie county ln 2011. I did not use any references from PA.. all of the people that I listed on the application where from ohio or Ny where I grew up... so I would not worry about the references.. I asked all of the people that I listed on the application if the erie county sheriff called them..all said NO..The experience with erie county was actually quite smooth went in dropped off my application, they took my picture and I had the license in 2 weeks...
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Good to know, I'll add it to my list of PA counties known to be non-resident friendly.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
skyking

Post by skyking »

Got mine there a couple of years back - in and out in 10-15 minutes (someone ahead of me in line) and license was in my mailbox in like 5 days.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
-- Robert A Heinlein
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

I drove up Friday after lunch, I was in and out in 20 minutes or so, even with two people on front of me. No fingerprinting, I was quite surprised. Everyone was polite and friendly.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.
martym

Post by martym »

Went to Erie County Sheriff on a Monday at 10:00AM and was out in 20 minutes. They were very friendly. Permit arrived in the mail in about a week.

The requirement for references are that they are non-family. I did not see anything about residency requirements for the references.