Clermont County New Application

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Clermont County New Application

Post by oldmic »

33 calendar days today - no word yet. This is my second renewal, the first in Warren County was processed while I waited! Ah, those were the days. :mrgreen:

Still, I'm glad to see so many people are applying.
Factory Certified SIG SAUER Armorer
NRA Certified Instructor: pistol, home firearm safety, RSO

"Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong." - Ronald Reagan
opencincinnati

Post by opencincinnati »

Finally got it. It took the full 45 days, called on the 46th and they issues it on the spot. Apparently they were waiting to hear back from Kentucky about an old suspended license charge that was dismissed, but was enough to hold up the process. Anyway, happy to be carrying now!
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by oldmic »

Got the call today via voice mail. So if my addition in correct from my previous post that makes 43 days. Everyone was friendly and helpful, one other person walked in behind me and picked up her CHL so I assume there's a steady flow of applicants submitting and receiving their licenses. Still, in and out in about five minutes.

And hey Brian D. the vm I received was clear, friendly and polite. Must be my delightful personality and recorded message. :mrgreen:
Factory Certified SIG SAUER Armorer
NRA Certified Instructor: pistol, home firearm safety, RSO

"Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong." - Ronald Reagan
TS04

Post by TS04 »

Brian D. wrote:I can tell you that when they call to let you know the license is ready to be picked up the conversation is VERY short and sweet if you happen to answer. Others have told me that in the event your phone goes to voice mail, they can be even more curt. As in a quick mumbled message that you may nor be able to hear/decipher.
The call I received in VM was clear and added that I could pick up the license 24 hours. The turnaround (renewal) was only 6 days.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Renewed on June 26, easy process, in at 8:55, out by 9:10. Received the call on June 3 to pick up. Forgot yesterday so going in tomorrow to get it. 6 days...good job Clermont County.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Renewed on June 26, easy process, in at 8:55, out by 9:10. Received the call on June 3 to pick up. Forgot yesterday so going in tomorrow to get it. 6 days...good job Clermont County.
Good to see that the flux capacitor is still working well in your DeLorean.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
pokerdog

Post by pokerdog »

Dropped off paperwork Monday morning 3/2 in and out in 15-20 minutes, the wait......was driving me nuts, only 13 days. Posted my intro on this site, and whined about the, hit submit button....2 minutes later, phone call, CHL is ready to be picked up. Joke with the clerk who call about my posting, she said the clerk working the CHL has been busy with renewals and new apps, I said 13 working days was still good in my books, card in wallet :D now.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Always good to hear about a county improving their times!
MyWifeSaidYes
Mjbrown1002

Post by Mjbrown1002 »

I dropped off my application 7/21/14 in Clermont County, I its now 7/26 still waiting. Things also changed they mail them if you applied for them after May 7, so that just means a few extra days more you have to wait. Its been almost a week and feels like its been at least a month.