Clermont County New Application

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

opencincinnati

Clermont County New Application

Post by opencincinnati »

Submitted my application and paperwork/fingerprints to Clermont County last Monday the 22nd. It feels like it's been a month, anxiously waiting on the phone call letting me know it's ready to pick up. Was told to expect about a 30 day turnaround when I dropped everything off, so I'll update with the actual turnaround time once I get the phone call. The waiting is driving me nuts, looking forward to finally having my permit!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Clermont County New Application

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Congrats and welcome to OFCC...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
mreising

Post by mreising »

Welcome and thanks for being a Patron supporter.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

Welcome!! From Cincinnati, Clermont County! Still can't figure that one out.....

But alas - Clermont has always said 30 days from what I've heard. Had mine in 10. Likely because they don't want the phone calls. Hope the same holds true for you!
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
opencincinnati

Post by opencincinnati »

Thanks! The choice for Clermont County over Hamilton was a pretty easy one for me. For one, I appreciate Sheriff Rodenberg's position on 2A rights and his openness with his stance. Also, Hamilton County's appointment only application process is more of a hassle, and the earliest appointment they had at the moment was in late June.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

bearkitty wrote:But alas - Clermont has always said 30 days from what I've heard. Had mine in 10. Likely because they don't want the phone calls. Hope the same holds true for you!
That has been their tendency since licenses were first issued in 2004. Back then the CCSO's website had a bolded message which read to the effect of "Don't call us, we'll call you." Their rationale seems to be that the more time they spend answering the phones, the longer the license issuance takes for everybody.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
splith0riz0n

Post by splith0riz0n »

I picked mine up in Clermont a couple weeks ago and it took about 33 days.
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

When applying for a renewal last Friday, you would have thought they were giving away free ice cream. I could not believe how busy they were in processing people for licenses. My receipt was number 63 around 1:00pm with a steady stream coming into the parking lot.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
opencincinnati

Post by opencincinnati »

I guess I'll settle in for a wait then from the sound of it...
opencincinnati

Post by opencincinnati »

Congratulations on picking up the license, I'll hope for similar timing, that wasn't bad at all.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

For those who live in Clermont County, neighboring Brown County has a couple of days turnaround :) They brought back a retired deputy part time to assist. They do require appointments, but that can be an advantage over sitting, waiting one's turn. My son and his wife did theirs at Brown and were in and out in 10-15 minutes.
opencincinnati

Post by opencincinnati »

Hoping for a call tomorrow, today was day 21 after application, still nothing. Got my MTAC holster in the mail last week, feels like it's been way longer than 3 weeks.
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

Unless someone has lived in many places or has prior arrests without updates, you should be hearing from them soon. I renewed on the 26th of April and got a call today. Ten business days is very acceptable to me considering how many people apply through Clermont County.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
opencincinnati

Post by opencincinnati »

Well today is day 45 with no word yet. I don't have any arrests ever in my past, I have lived in 5 or 6 different places out of state since I have been 18 and have not yet lived in ohio for 5 years but it seems like a longer wait than I expected still.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I can tell you that when they call to let you know the license is ready to be picked up the conversation is VERY short and sweet if you happen to answer. Others have told me that in the event your phone goes to voice mail, they can be even more curt. As in a quick mumbled message that you may nor be able to hear/decipher.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.