Clermont County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Clermont County

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

lreiner26 wrote:I've heard good things about TDI. Anyone taken any of their level 2 and up handgun courses?

I'd like to take something more advanced, but I'm not sure the best place to go to get my money's worth.
I have and highly recommend them. I have HG 1-3, Advanced Concealed Carry, ECQ and Active Shooter/Killer under my belt there and am signed up for HG 4-5 as well as Tac Rifle 1 next year .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
mreising

Post by mreising »

I've taken Handgun 1-5 at TDI and hightly recommend them. You can't go wrong.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Hyflyer

Post by Hyflyer »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:

I have and highly recommend them. I have HG 1-3, Advanced Concealed Carry, ECQ and Active Shooter/Killer under my belt there and am signed up for HG 4-5 as well as Tac Rifle 1 next year .

I have looked at TDI and I think it would be a great place to learn.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

As for the Clermont SO being slow these days, FWIW, Brown County is doing very well. My son and his wife turned in their applications Saturday, and today (Tuesday) they were notified that their licenses are ready!

Brown County has gone from two days a week to six days. They brought back a retired deputy part time to help with the load.

Appointments are required.

Ken
The more law-abiding people that have guns, the better off we are," Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said. "Because the bad guys always have guns, You look at these school shootings or church shootings, the ones that have been stopped, it was because someone there had a gun."
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

OhioPaints wrote:As for the Clermont SO being slow these days, FWIW, Brown County is doing very well. My son and his wife turned in their applications Saturday, and today (Tuesday) they were notified that their licenses are ready!

Brown County has gone from two days a week to six days. They brought back a retired deputy part time to help with the load.

Appointments are required.

Ken
That is why I don't go through Brown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

I know the appointment angle sounds bad, but Steve and his wife were in and out very quickly. From what I've read here, there can be a backlog sitting in the Clermont sheriff's office. But Brown seems to have improved from the early days. YMMV. It sounds like a decent option. Either way, it's your choice.
The more law-abiding people that have guns, the better off we are," Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said. "Because the bad guys always have guns, You look at these school shootings or church shootings, the ones that have been stopped, it was because someone there had a gun."
Mjbrown1002

Post by Mjbrown1002 »

I turned my application in on 7/21/14 its now 8/2/14, they told me 30-45 days. I am still waiting the bad part is they mail them now for applications received after May 1. Seems like its been a month now, just wish there was a way to check the the status.
Mjbrown1002

Post by Mjbrown1002 »

Dropped of my app in clermont county 7/21/14 they do mail them now if apps are received after May it's now 8/4 and still nothing. It's getting frustrating
mreising

Post by mreising »

Mjbrown1002 wrote:Dropped of my app in clermont county 7/21/14 they do mail them now if apps are received after May it's now 8/4 and still nothing. It's getting frustrating
Patience. Clermont has typically run about 3 weeks in the past; add the post office time to that and you're just about there.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.