PA non resident

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rflemen

Re: PA non resident

Post by rflemen »

rflemen wrote:
rflemen wrote:I am heading to Crawford County tomorrow. I called and the lady was nice, she said they are issuing non-resident permits and that the references could be from anywhere (they just can't be related to you), and she said once the permit is approved and completed they will happily mail it to me.

I'll let you folks know how it goes...it's about a 3 hour round trip for me so the wife and I are going to make a day of it in PA.

Rob
I was in and out in less than 15 minutes...WITHOUT the permit...they said they would have it to me by mail in approximately 2 weeks.

All in all it was painless assuming I get it in the time frame they say...will let you folks know if I do or not.

Rob
OK it arrived today in exactly 10 days as most predicted. The "quality" of the permit is kind of a joke but hey it gets me what I need :D

All in all, the experience with Crawford County was excellent.

Regards,
Rob
Beretta 92 FS
Glock 19 Gen4
M&P Shield 9mm
Baby Desert Eagle II .45 acp
M&P 22
S&W Bodyguard
Colt M4
Ruger 10/22
mreising

Post by mreising »

I may be heading east in a month and will be going through Centre County so I will stop in and renew early to get the picture card. I was already told by the sheriff that I could renew early and extend the expiration date.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Went to Crawford County Sheriff in Meadville PA today. Less than 10 minutes. Very friendly deputy. They did treat it as a new license because my first came from out of county. Said I'd have it in about two weeks.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mortar34

Post by Mortar34 »

rflemen wrote:
rflemen wrote:
rflemen wrote:I am heading to Crawford County tomorrow. I called and the lady was nice, she said they are issuing non-resident permits and that the references could be from anywhere (they just can't be related to you), and she said once the permit is approved and completed they will happily mail it to me.

I'll let you folks know how it goes...it's about a 3 hour round trip for me so the wife and I are going to make a day of it in PA.

Rob
I was in and out in less than 15 minutes...WITHOUT the permit...they said they would have it to me by mail in approximately 2 weeks.

All in all it was painless assuming I get it in the time frame they say...will let you folks know if I do or not.

Rob
OK it arrived today in exactly 10 days as most predicted. The "quality" of the permit is kind of a joke but hey it gets me what I need :D

All in all, the experience with Crawford County was excellent.

Regards,
Rob
Same experience in Crawford County last week. The permit definitely doesn't look all that official but it gets the job done and now I don't have to worry about carrying in all the [reasonable] states I travel to. :lol:
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

Mortar34 wrote:The permit definitely doesn't look all that official but it gets the job done. . . .
Mine (from Butler County, PA) is a thickly-laminated, full-color, slightly-larger-than-credit-card sized license. Looks fairly official.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

rimfireOH wrote:
Mortar34 wrote:The permit definitely doesn't look all that official but it gets the job done. . . .
Mine (from Butler County, PA) is a thickly-laminated, full-color, slightly-larger-than-credit-card sized license. Looks fairly official.
That's what mine from Crawford County looks like - granted, it was issued better than a year ago but still, I wouldn't think they've changed much, if anything, since then.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

2 weeks on the dot from Crawford County. I wrote a letter to the sheriff after I received the license thanking him since it's up to each county sheriff.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Uncle Duke

Post by Uncle Duke »

I know it's a bit far for some people, however, I found it very easy to get a PA Non-resident license through the Venango County Sheriff's Office in Franklin, PA. Bring your DL, Ohio CHL, fill out the paperwork, they take your picture, and within 20 minutes or less they issue your license. Minimal wait and no need to make a return trip.

Uncle Duke
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

I went to Crawford county, Meadville, last Monday. There were a couple of people ahead, but the wait was only ten minutes, They had opened at 9, and I was the twentieth person in there at 9:30.
Office staff was friendly, took about 5 minutes, and they said they would mail it to me, 7 to 10 days.
Received it today, just 7 days. No fuss, no muss. My references were both from Ohio.

A good experience, altogether. :D
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.