Brown County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Farmer Tim

Brown County

Post by Farmer Tim »

Made an appointment yesterday and went today at 2pm. Was in right away and they had me do the web check finger prints and turned in my application and I made a copy of my training certificate but she just copied the information off it and gave it back. Attached a picture to my app with a paperclip. Took my fee gave me a receipt and said I could hear from her as soon as a week. So the wait begins. So I assume once they issue it they'll take your picture and have you do the digital signature?
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Brown County

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Not sure in Brown. I went to Clermont to get mine. They did everything in the initial visit. I just waited and returned when the license was ready and I got the call. 20 some days in my case. It has improved on wait times since. My mother had hers with in two weeks.

I assume by your question they didn't take your picture at the time? Nor did you sign the little electronic pad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Farmer Tim

Post by Farmer Tim »

You would be correct. I didn't get the picture or sign the pad today. I was sorta surprised and ask is that all and she said yes.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Farmer Tim wrote:You would be correct. I didn't get the picture or sign the pad today. I was sorta surprised and ask is that all and she said yes.
I think the actual machine that makes the license is the same as the DMV and only takes a few minutes. I can't swear to that though. We should get together sometime. My mom lives in Gtown. I used to be on Higginsport FD before I attached the leg shackles of the married life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
denny2k

Post by denny2k »

Took one week when I got mine in Georgetown a year ago last December.
Farmer Tim

Post by Farmer Tim »

Got a call last Thursday 2/10 I applied on the 8th. Was told I could come pick up my permit. Got it today in Brown you make an appt to apply and pickup. All in all excellent service A+ . Of course now my picture was something else lol.