Madison County- 12 days

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

xdMARKsman9

Madison County- 12 days

Post by xdMARKsman9 »

Hello fellow concealed carry holders. this is my first post. first off let me say what a great thing freedom and the 2nd amendment are. I took my concealed carry class in madison county last month with my good friend and his brother. after hearing from several individuals concerning franklin county(my resident county) that they were not too friendly to ccw applicants I heeded their advice and applied at the madison county sheriffs office.(no appointments necessary) not knowing where the exact location of the office was i went with my friend and his brother. they got us in,fingerprinted us, took our paperwork and app. fee and told us to wait about 2 to 3 weeks.that was on the 8th of April. I got a voice mail message from them to come pick up my license on the 20th(last tuesday) and today i am officially licensed to carry a concealed weapon in the state of ohio(and the recicprocal states). just in time too, because i will be headed to north carolina next month for the NRA's annual meeting! thanks again for allowing me to join the forums!!!
jabeatty

Re: Madison County- 12 days

Post by jabeatty »

xdMARKsman9 wrote:just in time too, because i will be headed to north carolina next month for the NRA's annual meeting! thanks again for allowing me to join the forums!!!
Make sure you read up on the differences between our laws and those of NC (and probably WV). In NC, for example, you can't carry at assemblies and establishments where admission is charged, financial institutions, and "events occurring in public," among others. Handgunlaw.us is a great place to start.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
stevec999

Post by stevec999 »

Mine took 19 days. Deputy said that they used to be able to do them in under two weeks but they are getting so many they are behind. :D
docachna

Post by docachna »

xdMARKsman9 wrote: ...after hearing from several individuals concerning franklin county(my resident county) that they were not too friendly to ccw applicants I heeded their advice and applied at the madison county sheriffs office.(no appointments necessary)...
Getting an appointment at Franklin certainly takes a few days, but that's the first I've heard any report of Franklin's CHL section being less than very professional.

Certainly had no problems when I got mine there, also no problems when I went in unannounced one day to get copies of the AG's new book.

In my experience, they've always been extremely helpful.

Maybe you're thinking of Cuyahoga or Mahoning........... :evil:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
bakes
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by bakes »

Madison Co. took 7 days for me and my wife, my buddy got his at Franklin Co. in 1 day I think.
kindaquick

Post by kindaquick »

Sittin on 16 days right now. No hurry, but it is a bit of a wait compared to other counties. I don't give an A+ for how long it has taken, but as previously mentioned, I am in no REAL hurry.
Steve R.

Post by Steve R. »

New here, must say you folks are lucky to recieve your permits so fast from Madison county. I supplied all my things on April 10 and still haven't heard back. Last time I called they told me I should here something by the end of last week.!
hall1343

Post by hall1343 »

My wife and I both applied Dec 30, 2013 and they just called to say that we can come pick them up (12 days INCLUDING New Years !).

He also mentioned that he had quite a stack of approved licenses (it took him a few minutes to find mine after he called regarding my wife's and I asked about mine). Must have been lots of people getting their application in before the end of the year. :)
ltcfb118

Post by ltcfb118 »

Madison County is where I often send my students. They tend to average two weeks or so and are extremely friendly. They are also open 5 days a week all day for walk-ins.My wife and I renewed in April in 9 business days.
"That night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace."

MAJ Dick Winters
Easy Company, 101st ABN
June 6, 1944