Address on application

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

exploder.45

Address on application

Post by exploder.45 »

Well I have been lurking here for ahwile and wow what a great site!! Anyways, I am getting ready to fill out my application. In the address section you are to list all addresses since the age of 18. After high school I spent a year in Germany as an exchange student, and lived with three different host families. I was 18 at the time so I am assuming that those addresses need to be listed. Thanks for the help.

Nick
OhioMike

Post by OhioMike »

Be as accurate as possible, include all addresses

If you really don't remember you can run a background check on yourself
This will return all known addresses for yourself from the time you were
first in the system

I did this and it was a help as I needed accurate info for other reasons

I just printed out the page and attached it to my forms
exploder.45

Post by exploder.45 »

Thanks that is answer that I expected. Now if I can come up with those addresses I will be in business. I haven't done a real good job keeping in touch. Thanks again!!!!
Nick
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

I'm not so sure that you would list those address. Did you change your address to those addresses? Or did you retain your parents home as your residents/domicile? Did you vote? And if you did was it from your permanent address, your parent's address?

Also, I have a problem with the 18 age marker versus 21 marker. The application implies that you are an adult at 18. But, for me that is not true. Due to my age I was not an adult until I was 21.
OhioMike

Post by OhioMike »

The reason for listing all your addresses is so that you are less likely to
be confused with some other person with a similar name that may
have a record as this will send up flags and delay your CHL
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

If your "permanent" address during that time was your parent's home, I would just list that rather than tracking down all the foreign addresses.

Your call, though.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

When I filled mine out I listed two addresses, my current address and the house I had in Columbus.

Those two addresses account for the last 30+ years of my life. Everything prior to those two I summed up with the phrase, "college housing". I was approved originally and approved for renewal, so my list must have satisfied their requirements.

There was no way I could track down the 20 addresses I lived at during my 16 years as a college student.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
xd

Post by xd »

I lived at all sorts of weird addresses, even a town that no longer exists, and one ranch where the residence was located in one state and the bunkhouse was across the road in the other state. In my case the SO wanted the name of the counties I resided. The counties are the ones they want.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

A buddy of mine is originally from Clarksville PA. It's now under a reservoir....

His parents bought a house in Youngstown. At some point they moved to DC, but somewhere around that time, the house was moved and a bank is now on the original lot.

Becka's mostly been living with my sister, but had an apartment (with four other girls - she'll learn :)) for a year and then moved back to my sister's. Legally, her residence is still here, I think. I probably should change the locks....

The reason (IMHO) to go back to 18 for residences is that the over-18's are "legally" adults for the Court system, so anything "old" counts.... But the "clearing" function is also important.

I'm guessing the Sheriff's want the county info because that's where the best records are if there are any questions. I also expect that a computer-based check (LEADS, NICS, NCIS) is about all that's done unless something pops up.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם