Application question - lived in Ohio for 5 years?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ohporter

Post by ohporter »

color of law wrote:So, we are left with however the sheriff in his county is going to apply the law. For $25 or $30 more and a little longer wait is not worth suing over.
I updated with my results earlier in the thread. I paid the required $24 for the additional FBI check as required by the WCSO. There is no extra wait as a result of the extra check. I was promised one day turnaround but the Deputy was out sick today so nobody's CHLs were ready today, supposed to be ready tomorrow. Wayne seems pretty fast relative to other counties.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Sounds good.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

ohporter wrote:
color of law wrote:So, we are left with however the sheriff in his county is going to apply the law. For $25 or $30 more and a little longer wait is not worth suing over.
I updated with my results earlier in the thread. I paid the required $24 for the additional FBI check as required by the WCSO. There is no extra wait as a result of the extra check. I was promised one day turnaround but the Deputy was out sick today so nobody's CHLs were ready today, supposed to be ready tomorrow. Wayne seems pretty fast relative to other counties.
If the federal background check requires an ink 10 card, which my wifes did, you are NOT going to get a 1 day turn around from the FBI who does the background check :-(. Karens took an extra week.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
ohporter

Post by ohporter »

willbird wrote:
ohporter wrote: I updated with my results earlier in the thread. I paid the required $24 for the additional FBI check as required by the WCSO. There is no extra wait as a result of the extra check. I was promised one day turnaround but the Deputy was out sick today so nobody's CHLs were ready today, supposed to be ready tomorrow. Wayne seems pretty fast relative to other counties.
If the federal background check requires an ink 10 card, which my wifes did, you are NOT going to get a 1 day turn around from the FBI who does the background check :-(. Karens took an extra week.

Bill
FWIW, it did not require the ink card. The deputy did mention that those ones take a long time...we had a long time to chat about the process while he was processing my app. He had plenty of interesting stories about various felons coming in to apply and even being offered a bribe.