champaign County renewal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mastere8

champaign County renewal

Post by mastere8 »

Here is a shocker for all of you about to renew:It took a whopping 12 minutes. Very professional, very smooth. Gotta love it. There are some good guys in the LEO community after all.
mastere8
heathen

Post by heathen »

Just renewed mine in Ottawa County and only took about 10 minutes. :)
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Wow!
Has something changed in the Renewal process that I missed?
Here is another post.
Renewed mine in Ottawa County and only took about 10 minutes. Fast and friendly.
How can they have this down to minutes in some Counties? :?
This is great! But. :?: I just hope that these FAST renewals do not come back and bite us in the butt.
mreising

Re: champaign County renewal

Post by mreising »

mastere8 wrote:Here is a shocker for all of you about to renew:It took a whopping 12 minutes. Very professional, very smooth. Gotta love it. There are some good guys in the LEO community after all.
The "good guys in the LEO community" is the rule rather than the exception. We usually only hear of the ones that are anti-CHL or have a bad attitude, just like the main stream media often prints more stories about bad thing happening. It's not news if nothing out of the ordinary happens. Of course it would be interesting to see a headline that screams "There Were No Car Accidents, No Muggings, No Burglaries Today!". Come to think of it, that probably would make the news :) .

In any case, that 12 minute renewal is great. I'm sure you thanked them for being so prompt.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I see no reason we "shouldn't" have a quick RENEWAL.
But then why is it taking most Sheriff's 2-6 weeks for a RENEWAL?
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Cruiser wrote:I see no reason we "shouldn't" have a quick RENEWAL.
I think the counties doing it in 1-2 days are doing an abbreviated check; i.e., checking for disqualifications only in the last four years. The counties taking longer are doing a full BCI check (as required by current law) that goes all the way back to Day 1 (like the check conducted when you're initially licensed).
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

jabeatty wrote:
Cruiser wrote:I see no reason we "shouldn't" have a quick RENEWAL.
I think the counties doing it in 1-2 days are doing an abbreviated check; i.e., checking for disqualifications only in the last four years. The counties taking longer are doing a full BCI check (as required by current law) that goes all the way back to Day 1 (like the check conducted when you're initially licensed).
Are you saying that some of the Sheriff's are making up the rules as they go. :shock:
Michael

Post by Michael »

Let's hear it for Champaign County. 8)
The rifle is God's gift to the rifleman. - Fred