CCW Renewal Question

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tehgargoth

CCW Renewal Question

Post by tehgargoth »

I know things have changed since I received my license.. what is the current procedure for renewing a CCW license?
jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

Post by jeffkirchner »

2923.125 Application and licensing process

The fee is now $55
(F) A licensee who wishes to renew a license to carry a concealed handgun issued under this section shall do so not earlier than ninety days before the expiration date of the license and not later than thirty days after the expiration date of the license by filing with the sheriff of the county in which the applicant resides or with the sheriff of an adjacent county an application for renewal of the license obtained pursuant to division (D) of this section, a new color photograph of the licensee that was taken within thirty days prior to the date of the renewal application, a certification by the applicant that, subsequent to the issuance of the license, the applicant has reread the pamphlet prepared by the Ohio peace officer training commission pursuant to section 109.731 of the Revised Code that reviews firearms, dispute resolution, and use of deadly force matters, a new set of fingerprints provided in the manner specified in division (B)(5) of this section regarding initial applications for a license to carry a concealed handgun, and a nonrefundable license renewal fee unless the fee is waived. The licensee also shall submit a competency certification of the type described in division (B)(3) of this section that is not older than six years or a renewed competency certification of the type described in division (G)(4) of this section that is not older than six years. A sheriff shall accept a completed renewal application and the fee, items, materials, and information specified in this division at the times and in the manners described in division (I) of this section.
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
tehgargoth

Post by tehgargoth »

thanks, so my range time and classroom time certs will still work for my first renewal?
jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

Post by jeffkirchner »

tehgargoth wrote:thanks, so my range time and classroom time certs will still work for my first renewal?
Yep. If it isn't more than 6 years old.
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.