WHILE I WAIT!!

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Newgun

WHILE I WAIT!!

Post by Newgun »

So i had the appointment yesterday at 8am, First off let me ask a question. Does anyone know how far they look back when they do your Backround check......is it 18 or just 21....? I just turned 21 last sunday......So anyway i showed up at 8am and did the usual, you know taking the finger prints, and picture, making sure every part of the information was right, Bla Bla Bla....The lady told me i was probably one of the youngest people to turn in an application, she then continued to say "Since you Just turned 21 I am going to go ahead and print out you license today." OOHHHHH YES WHILE I WAIT. Just thought I would share this with everyone....
skrewloose

Post by skrewloose »

sweet... congrats

may you carry safely young-one .... :D
-Kevin
"skrewloose"
curby

Post by curby »

may the force me with you.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Good for you, But? :shock:
This is not passing my smell test. :? Is she saying that whatever you did before you turned 21 does not matter?
Example: Drugs, that wife beating incident etc. you get my drift! They are missing something here. :? :? :? :?:
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

They can always yank it after the check.
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Hey Newgun, you're the lucky one congrats...........
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
Newgun

Post by Newgun »

well even if they checked back before 21 they wouldnt find much...a few tickets and an underage consumption.....but thats about it.....
ParaC7

Post by ParaC7 »

Wow, Lucky young grasshopper
Gun Control means using both hands and hitting your target.

You want my guns Hillary???? SURE you can have them..................Bullets First!!!

Charlton Heston always was and always will be MY President!!!!
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

Interesting, I was only 23 when I applied and I didn't get anything like that. Course I did it at a different office so it may just be that office's policy.

My guess is they are operating under the presumption that if you had done something that would cause you to fail the check in the past couple of years you would probably still be doing the time? Which isn't necessarily true since all it takes is a restraining order against you.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
McM

Post by McM »

Newgun wrote:well even if they checked back before 21 they wouldnt find much...a few tickets and an underage consumption.....but thats about it.....
You've since amended your reckless behavior, right? You aren't going to be the guy that makes all CHL holders be looked upon poorly, right?
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

McM wrote:
Newgun wrote:well even if they checked back before 21 they wouldnt find much...a few tickets and an underage consumption.....but thats about it.....
You've since amended your reckless behavior, right? You aren't going to be the guy that makes all CHL holders be looked upon poorly, right?
I think most of us probably drank underage, the question is how many got caught. Thats no big deal, especially now that he is over 21 and it isn't even a crime anymore.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

The drinking age is 19 in Ohio, not 21. If you do a search on this site you find the facts. Also, Under juvenile law you must be adjudicated a Delinquent child.
ORC 2152.02(F) “Delinquent child” includes any of the following:

(1) Any child, except a juvenile traffic offender, who violates any law of this state or the United States, or any ordinance of a political subdivision of the state, that would be an offense if committed by an adult;

(2) Any child who violates any lawful order of the court made under this chapter or under Chapter 2151. of the Revised Code other than an order issued under section 2151.87 of the Revised Code;

(3) Any child who violates division (C) of section 2907.39, division (A) of section 2923.211, or division (C)(1) or (D) of section 2925.55 of the Revised Code;

(4) Any child who is a habitual truant and who previously has been adjudicated an unruly child for being a habitual truant;
Drinking is not an adult crime.
Sig Shooter

Post by Sig Shooter »

That's great that you got your license as you waited. That is the first time I've heard of that happening. I applied for mine 7 days after turning 21, but it took 33 days to get it for some reason. That was about two and a half years ago.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

I still do not understand HOW they can issue the CCW Permit withOUT performing a background check ? or am I missing something here ?
Newgun

Post by Newgun »

the only way i can see them doing this is.....they only do a background check since I turned 21..... which was only like 2 days.....(I turned 21 on a sunday and i went to the sheriff tuesday....) The other way they may have done it was doing it before i even got there....when i called to make an appointment, they asked me what my social security number was, so they could have already done one before i even got there...