Ashtabula county sheriff..2 day renewal

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bersa45

Ashtabula county sheriff..2 day renewal

Post by Bersa45 »

My wife renewed hers on Friday 9th @ 11 am and the sheriff office called @ noon today Tuesday 13th saying it is ready for pick up. I renewed mine last Tuesday 6th and mine is ready today, 5 working days for me and 2 for hers :P
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

That's 'cause she is prettier than you!
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Ain't that the truth.My picture looks like I should be on their wall.
OFCC member

3 seconds

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
cgs500

Post by cgs500 »

I just applied for my renewal, hopeful it goes as smooth as it did for Bersa45. I had to run over to the Post Office for a Money Order and home for my SS card. Kind of a pain but I live close, for those who don't live close read below.

Items needed for Ashtabula County SO:

Application (filled out)
Training Certificate
MO for 55.00 (won't take cash)
SS card
2x2 Picture
steve b

Post by steve b »

Can I find the application somewhere here online ? steve
steve b
Paul_K

Post by Paul_K »

steve b wrote:Can I find the application somewhere here online ?
I believe that jabeatty's customized application form, in the following message, is still available:
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=11976
cgs500

Post by cgs500 »

steve b,

Here is a Link , the application is under "Forms".
steve b

Post by steve b »

OK, should have been clearer on my part. Am looking for a re-newel. Same, or different paperwork ? steve b
steve b
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

steve b wrote:OK, should have been clearer on my part. Am looking for a re-newel. Same, or different paperwork ? steve b
Same app...look at it. There is a box at the top allowing the SO to indicate this is a renewal application.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
steve b

Post by steve b »

Thank You. steve b
steve b
steve b

Post by steve b »

Ok, back home from drug mart and sherriff's office. Official word is two weeks, we'll see. Thanks All. steve b
steve b
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

steve b wrote:Ok, back home from drug mart and sherriff's office. Official word is two weeks, we'll see. Thanks All. steve b
Good Luck.......... :D
OFCC member

3 seconds

heathen

Post by heathen »

Renewed mine in Ottawa County and only took about 10 minutes. Fast and friendly. :)
cgs500

Post by cgs500 »

Last Monday they told me it would be a couple of weeks also. Hopefully next week I will get the call.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Turned in all correct paperwork to the Ashtabula Sherif's Office on Apr 24, 2008 and received a call on May 27th to come pick up. The reason for the length of time ? My fingerprints had to be "inked" My hands were too dry and rough to be properly captured on their computer. They were only taking applications and returning licenses on Thursdays 9am to 12 and 1:00pm to 3pm not the minimum 15 hours weekly as prescribed by the AG's office. Now they are doing it Mon and Thur. same hours.
Guns have only two enemies, rust & LIBERALS

U.S.Army Veteran, NRA Life, OFCC, Buckeye Firearms.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
************NOBAMA ***************