Question about possible denial of new application for CHL

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

adversary13 wrote:According to others on this forums if you a resident of Ohio but can not by law obtain an Ohio CHL then you can also not legally carry in Ohio on another states non-resident permit. Has anyone ever heard of this?
I've still not seen a cite for this...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by MrMagoo »

jabeatty wrote:Since Ohio Sheriffs (and BCI) are required to review expunged/sealed records to check for disqualifying offenses... what would the OP gain?
Just a thought - get the record expunged then wait till SB 184 is signed and takes effect. Expunged records won't be considerecd by the sheriff once 184 takes effect.
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

We thought the same thing Mr.M. I'm pretty sure James wrote that before the bill passed. Even better, looks like Bearcat won't have to wait till then. I knew it would work out some how. :D
Last edited by muxtech on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The British are going! The British are going!
Bearcat

Post by Bearcat »

I found out that I had violated a "village ordinance". I was not charged with an ORC violation. I should be good to go and I will apply for my CHL within the next few weeks. I want to thank everyone for their support and help and I will be joining the OFCC shortly.