I applied for my Ohio CCW today!!

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ItZAllGooD

I applied for my Ohio CCW today!!

Post by ItZAllGooD »

I applied in Geauga county today. He said that it would be 12-15 days. I'll post back when they call.
Life's too short for cheap beer
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Congrats! And welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn the finer points of being safe, legal, and if need be, lethal.
The British are going! The British are going!
NERES

Post by NERES »

Welcome and keep in touch here. Lurk and contribute. I have learned much just by hanging around with the folks on this board.
mikeo

Post by mikeo »

I applied for mine, last Tuesday. I have an appointment, this morning to finalize my application, and get my license.
Film at 11. 8)
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Welcome ItZALLGooD and mikeo.
Let us know how everything works out.We're interested. You'll get a lot out of this forum.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Good deal. welcome aboard :-)
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
mikeo

Post by mikeo »

mikeo wrote:I applied for mine, last Tuesday. I have an appointment, this morning to finalize my application, and get my license.
Film at 11. 8)
I'M LEGAL. It took all of 5 minutes to get my license, this morning. I carried this evening. 8)

I took the test on the 19th and 20th of April and applied on the 22nd. I had background checks from Ashland, Wayne, and Cuyahoga counties. Pretty good turn around.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Awesome mikeo, Carrying with a CHL for the first time is kind of like buying a drink on your 21st birthday. It's a new kind of freedom that'll bite us in the rear if we're not careful. And you'll always remember where you were. Congratulations. It's a good thing.
The British are going! The British are going!
ItZAllGooD

Post by ItZAllGooD »

I finally got my CHL last Thursday. It took 3 weeks from the day I applied. My friend went the Thursday after I did and got his the same day as me. :?:
Life's too short for cheap beer
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Congrats! Please learn and understand your rights. It's smart to know the law better than law enforcement.