CHL Renewal, Section V?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

SMMAssociates wrote:Mike:

Yeah, but it'd be FUN!

Regards,
Especially if fully equipped with the 105 mm cannon, the 7.62 co-axial mg and the .50 commander's cupula mg.

However, at Fort Knox in 1969, we found that they don't do well on hilly icy roads. You haven't seen anything until you've seen (or been in) a platoon of M60's spinning and sliding down a hilly highway in Kentucky.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Jim-in-Toledo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Jim-in-Toledo »

They probably want to know about applying in other states so that if they have some reason to yank your Ohio CHL they can try to get the rest canceled also.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
I am the expert on my opinion.
And no one else's.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Mike:

I've seen some "You-Tube"-ish videos of M60-sized tanks sliding around. I wouldn't want to explain to the CO where those road signs (or roads!) went....

Jim:

I'm not sure.... As good a reason as any....

I just looked at my old app. Section V is "office only".... Guess I gotta type some more :D....

My handwriting is hideous. I did the last one using a program that eats a .PDF and creates an editable form. And saves the results, so I could print it again the other day.

I'm debating whether or not to do that again....

(I think I've got the right .PDF - I can type into it, but it won't save the contents.)

OFCC website, anyway....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Another bit-o-craziness....

I just happened to be looking for a Passport Photo place (Walgreens, if I can't make a good one myself), and got linked to a genuine guvamint Passport site.

The Federal requirement for the picture is somewhat looser than ours (they'll take a smaller one), but mostly they will accept one that's no more than SIX MONTHS old, not 30 days....

Makes you wonder....

I also found something off-topic (I've never even thought about getting one until Becka mentioned wanting one a couple months ago) - the "Passport Card". This is not good for air travel, and is intended for folks who make frequent ground crossings. Seems silly to NOT accept the cards for air travel, as the application process appears to be the same....

My favorite Photographer (the guy who did my 2004 pictures) closed up shop. I don't get out his way too often, and happened to drive by the other night (I was thinking about stopping in if he hadn't closed for the night - the whole "trip" was unplanned), and there's something entirely different in the building.

I gotta try to find out what happened. Interesting guy - he did color printing during WWII in tents out in the South Pacific. The process involved three negatives, and some tricky printing. I don't know how they did it in a tent....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

SMMAssociates wrote:Another bit-o-craziness....

I just happened to be looking for a Passport Photo place (Walgreens, if I can't make a good one myself), and got linked to a genuine guvamint Passport site.

The Federal requirement for the picture is somewhat looser than ours (they'll take a smaller one), but mostly they will accept one that's no more than SIX MONTHS old, not 30 days....

Makes you wonder....

I also found something off-topic (I've never even thought about getting one until Becka mentioned wanting one a couple months ago) - the "Passport Card". This is not good for air travel, and is intended for folks who make frequent ground crossings. Seems silly to NOT accept the cards for air travel, as the application process appears to be the same....

My favorite Photographer (the guy who did my 2004 pictures) closed up shop. I don't get out his way too often, and happened to drive by the other night (I was thinking about stopping in if he hadn't closed for the night - the whole "trip" was unplanned), and there's something entirely different in the building.

I gotta try to find out what happened. Interesting guy - he did color printing during WWII in tents out in the South Pacific. The process involved three negatives, and some tricky printing. I don't know how they did it in a tent....

Regards,
Don't know about Youngstown, but AAA in the Cincinnati area will give members two passport photos for free every year. They are $7.50 per pair after the first free pair.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Mike:

There's probably a thread out here someplace detailing my experiences with the Youngstown (actually, it's Cleveland) AAA.

To make it short, they're a CPZ....

And apparently proud of it....

When I sent 'em "the letter" instead of my renewal, they cancelled me. Since I had another month to run on the current membership, that left me high & dry. (A couple quick calls fixed that.) I demanded (and got) the pro-rated month's membership back....

AAA appears to handle the calls for the "BP Motor Club" or whatever it's called this week, but I don't have to call AAA anymore....

(Who needs their maps? MapQuest is occasionally awful, but it's also free :D.)

Regards,
Stu.

יזכר לא עד פעם
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

SMMAssociates wrote:Mike:

There's probably a thread out here someplace detailing my experiences with the Youngstown (actually, it's Cleveland) AAA.

To make it short, they're a CPZ....

And apparently proud of it....

When I sent 'em "the letter" instead of my renewal, they cancelled me. Since I had another month to run on the current membership, that left me high & dry. (A couple quick calls fixed that.) I demanded (and got) the pro-rated month's membership back....

AAA appears to handle the calls for the "BP Motor Club" or whatever it's called this week, but I don't have to call AAA anymore....

(Who needs their maps? MapQuest is occasionally awful, but it's also free :D.)

Regards,
That's a shame. I haven't seen a CPZ sign on the Cincinnati offices yet, but I haven't looked very closely since the first couple of times after April, 2004.
-- Mike

SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Mike:

I had the renewal invoice on my desk, and something (probably a comment here) made me take a drive. Sure enough, one of those little stickers on the front door....

Same old "safety" claptrap when I wrote 'em about it.

Regards,
Stu.

יזכר לא עד פעם