Cuyahoga County CCW-How long before issue? (update..got it)

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Paul_K wrote:Cuyahoga Co Sheriff office processed mine and had it to me in the mail in 8 days, and that included the 3 day Memorial Day weekend, last year.
Of course, I had lived in Ohio for 38 years, so that probably sped-up the checks that they had to make.

Marisa was working there then, and did most of the work. When she was off, giving birth, things slowed down. I heard she was back, but I don't know if she's still there. Have you called? Sometimes a state just won't cooperate with the necessary background checks - Maryland, I think, is one.
They sent your CHL to you in the mail? I am not sure the law even allows that?
Paul_K

Post by Paul_K »

Yes, the CHL was sent via the mail after all of the background checks were complete. It saved me from making another trip downtown, to the Justice Center.
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

My Tax Dollars Hard at Work................
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

Update: Marissa had been out the last week and a half due to a family members medical problem.
Nothing had been done in her absence.
She was very nice in checking it out for me.

Approved and should be in the mail in the next few days!!!!
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

bluez4u wrote:Update: Marissa had been out the last week and a half due to a family members medical problem.
Nothing had been done in her absence.
She was very nice in checking it out for me.

Approved and should be in the mail in the next few days!!!!
Same story I got when she was having her kid.

Funny, how the ability of the residents of an entire county to protect themselves revolves around 1 person.

* I'm sure there were a few grammatical errors in that last sentence, but gosh dangit, I just couldnt figure out how to word it any better.
Poop!
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

Agreed...the world shouldn't stop for one person....

In Cuyahoga it does...................
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

If it is a "short" period of time, do you REALLY want a PO'ed "temporarily removed from the road" (translation, get the screw-up, idiot or the guy the sheriff is hacked off at off the road for a while) so that he can go in and resentfully screw things up for both the lady in question AND the CCW applicants?

Buckshot
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Buckshot wrote:If it is a "short" period of time, do you REALLY want a PO'ed "temporarily removed from the road" (translation, get the screw-up, idiot or the guy the sheriff is hacked off at off the road for a while) so that he can go in and resentfully screw things up for both the lady in question AND the CCW applicants?

Buckshot
sounds better then their current alternative, which is leaving the applications to "marinate" until their sole clerk returns to work.
Poop!
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

Still waiting...............snore....
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Isn't that the same county that delayed the initial issueing of CCW's two months due to remodeling of their facilities?
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

it's always something

go elsewhere...........they are the worst.............
3 gun

Post by 3 gun »

I applied back in May of last year with a buddy. It took 14 days total from start to finish. I'm driving another down this Tuesday. We'll see how it goes. It does sound like they need to do a little more training of staff for this office. One person should not make such a big difference.
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

45 days today.....nothing
NERES

Post by NERES »

I am sorry for the delays you are having but it seems to me that "county shopping" for those which are quicker, though good for us, is in general not a solution. Tell them to get their act together and follow the law.

Those counties which delay are just being alllowed to get their way if a sheriff is an anti. They should be embarassed when their service is poor compared to others (such as Franklin Co.).

It is not acceptable to me if the issue of CHLs depend on one person and when they are out having a kid or whatever it shuts down.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

FORMER95BRAVO wrote:Medina was fast, you have to go pick it up, but very fast.
UM...that is SOP everywhere in Ohio.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."