Cuyahoga County CCW-How long before issue? (update..got it)

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

I agree, Cuyahoga County is one of those countys where Gov't employment always seems to be an entitlement. T- them off and they move slower than the usual snail pace they move......

I wish I could find a job in the county.....
mreising

Post by mreising »

If it has been 45 days, go down there and ask them to hand it to you now. They had the legally allowed time and must follow the law just as we must. Of course there is no penalty for them when they violate the law regarding issuance of CHLs.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
dt_sands

Post by dt_sands »

Sorry for your issues. I am SO glad I left Cuyahoga 7 years ago, just over the border but HUGE benifit in my mind to be in Lorain county.

Not to run it in, renewal app on the 19th, called on the 26th for pick up, and I had to contend with a weekend (easter/good friday).

Not bad Lorain, not bad.
NE Ohio
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

I too, lived in Ohio and Cuyahoga County for the past 45 years. I called yesterday and Marissa said she missed the mail and it would be going out Thurs (today) if I get it Saturday, we're talking about a quick 52 day turn around.
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

Arrived today!! 51 days
3 gun

Post by 3 gun »

Buddy applied at the end of March, got it in the mail 24 days later. Not bad. He is ex LE and in one place for decades so that may have helped. Overall he gave it a C+.
cromanos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by cromanos »

Go to http://ccwhen.com/ - they'll give you the average response times by county, and also what your adjacent counties are.

Of course, the data is only as good as the sample set, so I'd encourage everyone to go there and enter your turn-around times, if you haven't already.

Here's the listing for Cuyahoga http://ccwhen.com/index2.php?county=Cuyahoga

Hamilton County got me done in 2 business days (dropped of Friday PM, got called to pick up on Tuesday PM), I've lived here for over 20 years.