CHL Renewal Reports

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: CHL Renewal Reports

Post by pirateguy191 »

SUMMIT COUNTY SUX!!!!!!!!!

One of my students applied 41 days ago and had heard nothing. Her husband knows a deputy from another county and asked him if he knew anyone at Summit County. Friend called Summit County and relayed the info about it being day 41, Summit County made CHL available within an hour. Were they just sitting on it because they could?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pirateguy191 wrote:SUMMIT COUNTY SUX!!!!!!!!!

One of my students applied 41 days ago and had heard nothing. Her husband knows a deputy from another county and asked him if he knew anyone at Summit County. Friend called Summit County and relayed the info about it being day 41, Summit County made CHL available within an hour. Were they just sitting on it because they could?
They obviously choose to do this, as you know it's been the same story a long time now. Too bad there aren't some enforcement "teeth" in the 45 day requirement. But then they might go out of their way to take no less than 44, even for renewals in which the person hadn't moved, been ticketed etc. in the previous five years.

Does the sheriff have a (D) or (R) after his/her name?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Brian D. wrote:Does the sheriff have a (D) or (R) after his/her name?
Sheriff- Steve Barry (D)
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

JustJack wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Does the sheriff have a (D) or (R) after his/her name?
Sheriff- Steve Barry (D)
It's not just the Sheriff, Officer Monday (Munday?) who handles the CHL applications is a real piece of work who, among other things, has said:
  • The 45 days is business days rather than calendar days
  • She doesn't even have to start counting days until they begin processing the application
  • The days don't really matter anyway if they haven't gotten the results back from their inquiries
To make matters worse, she uses her position to wield power over those she takes a dislike to - like people who call her out when she is wrong (see above list).

Knowing what I know, and seeing what I've seen, I wouldn't apply there unless it was my absolute last resort.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I just wish we knew someone, maybe the leader of a large gun rights organization, that happened to live in Summit County that might be able to address this issue. That would be awesome if we did.......... 8) :wink: :idea:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

pirateguy191 wrote:SUMMIT COUNTY SUX!!!!!!!!!

Student picked he license from Summit County on Wednesday at about 10:00am. On her way out, she was informed not to carry, because the license wasn't valid until 4:00pm that day. Where do these idiots come up with this kinda stuff?

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pirateguy191 wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:
Student picked he license from Summit County on Wednesday at about 10:00am. On her way out, she was informed not to carry, because the license wasn't valid until 4:00pm that day. Where do these idiots come up with this kinda stuff?
Okay Jeff Garvas, it's time for a Summit County smack down. Groin kicks and throat punches. Hair, teeth and eyeballs ripped out, figuratively if not literally. Name the date, place, and time! :x
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

Brian D. wrote:
elad wrote:I called Lucas County Sheriff 0n 11-3-14 @ 8:30 a.m. (their hours are 8:30 to 3:30) and left message on the recorder: I applied for renewal on Sept. 19, 2014 and it is 45 days today, gave license number and telephone number for call back. I got a call about 10:00 a.m. and she said that my license will be ready today we will call you when it is ready. They called again @ 2:20 p.m. and said it was ready to be picked up full 45 days after application.
It's bad enough when a first-time application takes that long to go through. With a renewal, I see no valid reason for that to happen.
My initial renewal took 45 days. The two renewals were about 2 days each. Plus they have the little thumb print thingy that doesn't leave ink on you. I think the backlog when CHL's were approved was just the rush of people to get them. Today, I see no reason for it to take so long, especially on renewals. Even the anti-sheriffs have finally conceded they are not going away or they've gotten enough complaints
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rod727

Post by rod727 »

dcludwig wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
elad wrote:I called Lucas County Sheriff 0n 11-3-14 @ 8:30 a.m. (their hours are 8:30 to 3:30) and left message on the recorder: I applied for renewal on Sept. 19, 2014 and it is 45 days today, gave license number and telephone number for call back. I got a call about 10:00 a.m. and she said that my license will be ready today we will call you when it is ready. They called again @ 2:20 p.m. and said it was ready to be picked up full 45 days after application.
It's bad enough when a first-time application takes that long to go through. With a renewal, I see no valid reason for that to happen.
My initial renewal took 45 days. The two renewals were about 2 days each. Plus they have the little thumb print thingy that doesn't leave ink on you. I think the backlog when CHL's were approved was just the rush of people to get them. Today, I see no reason for it to take so long, especially on renewals. Even the anti-sheriffs have finally conceded they are not going away or they've gotten enough complaints

over 3 weeks now for a Montgomery county renewal and not a word.......
TRW1964

Post by TRW1964 »

Not a renewal but my 1st application for CCW at Geauga County took 8 days from applying, last Tuesday, to receipt in the mail today.
Tonik

Post by Tonik »

I did a walk in last Saturday in Geauga. One hour wait, Officer said we were lucky it was running 2 to 3 hours for awhile now. Makes sense, I was there because all the counties around Cuy were booked until mid-March. Lake wasn't too bad but a bit of a drive for me. Got the renewal on Friday, so six days, one of which was a Sunday. Pretty impressive.

Asked him if anyone ever checked 'yes' to 'Are you a fugitive from justice'. He laughed and said no, but he has had some background checks come back with outstanding warrants. He calls them and tells them their picture got messed up and to please come back in for another photo.......
Pukindog12

Post by Pukindog12 »

Applied for renewal Apr. 6. Told it would take 7 - 10 business days. Been 26 already. Starting to get aggravated.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Pukindog12 wrote:...Starting to get aggravated.
Does that help?

:P
MyWifeSaidYes
Pukindog12

Post by Pukindog12 »

Does that help?
Why, yes it does. Thanks for your sincere concern! :wink:
idoncare
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by idoncare »

Filed my application for renewal with Franklin county Tuesday, June 7th, at 11:10 am. Received the call my license was ready for pick-up Wednesday, June 8th at 9:30 am. Pretty impressive being as I had the original license from Ross county and had moved to Licking county shortly after receiving the original. :) Life is good !
Tom

Semper Fi

When guns are outlawed, ONLY outlaws will have guns...

Gun control = Hitting what you aim at....

Easier to get another job than another life....