CHL Renewal Reports

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Rami

Post by Rami »

The ID number is the same as the first card, 0060.
jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

Post by jeffkirchner »

Cruiser wrote:Is the ID number the same as the original? Renewals are supposed to retain your original number.
I renewed in a different county. That's probably why my number changed. I'm sure Fairfield County already has a "10".
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

To finish up my story from earlier posts, went to Clermont Co S.O. and picked my license up this morning. They definitely remembered to have me turn in the first one.

My dad and I appled for renewal the same day, but his has been slowed down somehow, no doubt in my mind by the old fashioned "ink and card" fingerprinting that they used on him when his prints didn't scan electronically. Somehow I don't think this would be an impediment if they were looking for dad in regards to some past crimes or whatever, but I digress.

I'm still annoyed a little by that, and the fact that Clermont will only take exact change when paying by cash. Their website does mention the latter, but for the life of me I cannot fathom the reasoning behind it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Brian D. wrote:To finish up my story from earlier posts, went to Clermont Co S.O. and picked my license up this morning. They definitely remembered to have me turn in the first one.

My dad and I appled for renewal the same day, but his has been slowed down somehow, no doubt in my mind by the old fashioned "ink and card" fingerprinting that they used on him when his prints didn't scan electronically. Somehow I don't think this would be an impediment if they were looking for dad in regards to some past crimes or whatever, but I digress.

I'm still annoyed a little by that, and the fact that Clermont will only take exact change when paying by cash. Their website does mention the latter, but for the life of me I cannot fathom the reasoning behind it.
Maybe they're afraid of getting Held Up ? :D they could just put one of those Signs up that says: The Teller never has more than $20.00 in the Register at one time :P it is a Shame that ANY Establishment even has to Post these signs, I guess it is a Sign of the Times :cry:
Gator
les h

Renewal

Post by les h »

Hello here is how it went for me in Ashtabula County. Went in Thursday the 13th at 11 AM and then Wednesday I got an E mail indicating the license could be picked up only on a Thursday. Fine, went in Thursday the 20th morning at 10 AM and pick up the renewal. In my opinion the deputy is anti gun. JMHO but that is the way he came across to me but he did the job and I got the renewal and went home. They did REQUIRE that you leave the old one.
They did shred it in front of me.
Les H. N.E. Ohio
Les H.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Les,

WELCOME!!!
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Les
Welcome from North Central Ohio also
Gator
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

re. photos, check this out...

epassportphoto.com

Worked for me.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Hamilton County just called; my renewed license is ready for pickup. I submitted my renewal app on the 7th, so that's 17 days, including weekends, holidays, and snow/flood days.

Could be a heckuva lot worse. :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Quick follow-up: I picked up my new license today.

Cool extra for renewing in Hamilton County: The new license expires five years from the expiration date on my original license, so I get an extra couple months "free."

Of course, this also gives me a license that looks pretty interesting, too... how many of you have Ohio licenses that are valid for more than five years? :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

jabeatty wrote:Quick follow-up: I picked up my new license today.

Cool extra for renewing in Hamilton County: The new license expires five years from the expiration date on my original license, so I get an extra couple months "free."

Of course, this also gives me a license that looks pretty interesting, too... how many of you have Ohio licenses that are valid for more than five years? :)
Don't know if that is worth the hassle of going downtown and paying for parking though.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

schmieg wrote:Don't know if that is worth the hassle of going downtown and paying for parking though.
I hear ya, man - I tossed fifty cents in a 30-minute meter about five blocks away, then got some exercise. If it'd been raining or snowing like it has the past few weeks, it would have been a lot more fun. :)
--
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

I don't know how many thousands of dollars I've spent over the years in the meters and lots in downtown Cincinnati while I practiced law. Some of those lots near the courthouse gouge pretty well. The one across from the Probate Court charges $10 just to pull in and see if there is a space available.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

jabeatty wrote:Quick follow-up: I picked up my new license today.

Great for you, but what the law tells them to do!
Another case of the Sheriff's doing what they please.
A renewed license that is renewed on or after the effective date of this amendment shall expire five years after the date of issuance,
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.125
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Cruiser wrote:Great for you, but what the law tells them to do!
Another case of the Sheriff's doing what they please.
Oh, I agree, Cruiser - the law should be followed.

The law should also state that renewed licenses will expire five years from the original expiration date, but it doesn't state that.

:(
--