CHL Renewal Reports

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

usmale

Re: CHL Renewal Reports

Post by usmale »

Clinton County renewal took 48hrs, they are very friendly
- OFCC member -
-NRA Life Member-
Hamilton County Sheriff's dept Academy class of 1982

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development... It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.-Jeff Cooper
UPdownLoAD

Post by UPdownLoAD »

Knox County:

Applied (renewal) March 13th, got the call today, April 17th, to pickup.

When I had first applied, I went to pickup on my 45th day and they would not issue to me. Got the Ohio Attorney General involved on the 48th day last time......
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

UPdownLoAD wrote:Knox County:

When I had first applied, I went to pickup on my 45th day and they would not issue to me. Got the Ohio Attorney General involved on the 48th day last time......

You list Johnstown as your location, so I assume you reside in Licking county.

Was there a specific reason you went to Knox county instead of Licking, Fairfield, or Franklin? Just curious - I have heard fast turn around on Franklin and Licking at least.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UPdownLoAD

Post by UPdownLoAD »

Stryker74 wrote:
UPdownLoAD wrote:Knox County:

You list Johnstown as your location, so I assume you reside in Licking county.

Was there a specific reason you went to Knox county instead of Licking, Fairfield, or Franklin? Just curious - I have heard fast turn around on Franklin and Licking at least.
Back in the day, as reported by other members, Knox was about 3 week turn-around whereas Licking was about 6-7. I also wanted to have an excuse to stop in at Lanning's in Mt Vernon for some Buckeye Bars :lol: :roll:

See the thread on my previous "fun" here: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=29940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rockNWROL

Post by rockNWROL »

Initial CHL Applicant

Greene County

Went in on Friday, March 21, 2014.
Received Permit by mail Tuesday, April 22, 2014.

32 Day Wait for Greene County, OH.

***I'd like to note that I was told "It will take about 3-4 weeks at this time for your permit to arrive by mail" straight from the mouth of the lady in the sheriffs office. It took a little longer than she said it would and I heard that in years previous Greene County was very VERY quick about the process. I began to worry a bit... It was at least mailed with the issue date being the day I got it. At least I get my money's worth!

I'm hearing many counties are beginning to hold onto CHL's for as long as possible due to political pressure on Sheriffs.
BobK

Post by BobK »

rockNWROL wrote:I'm hearing many counties are beginning to hold onto CHL's for as long as possible due to political pressure on Sheriffs.
I don't believe it.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I had a student in my last class go to Geauga County. Applied on Sat. April 12th and picked up on Tuesday April 15th.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
hedgie57

Post by hedgie57 »

Lake County,went in for renewal yesterday . Had a 10:40 appointment,gave the my application and 50 bucks left at 11:55 with my new permit in hand. Cop asked if I wanted to wait and even directed me to a nice diner were I grabbed a sandwich and came back for card.Outstanding experience.
jeepdeep

Post by jeepdeep »

Cuyahoga County renewal. Appointment Monday 6/30/14 in the morning, had the permit in hand by Wednesday. (via USPS mail) 7/2/14. I applied 60 days out and knew I would "lose" the time on my renewal, but I didn't think I would lose two months. :evil: oh well.
Shaolin_dragon

Lorain County SO

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

1st renewal went in on Saturday (09/13). Current license doesnt expire until 10/09, so I'm still carrying that.

Will let you know how it goes.

Edited - Darn it...I didnt notice the sticky for renewals. Can a mod shift this into the right slot?

Soz! :oops:
I carry, because I care!
Shaolin_dragon

Re: Lorain County SO

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

Shaolin_dragon wrote:1st renewal went in on Saturday (09/13). Current license doesnt expire until 10/09, so I'm still carrying that.

Will let you know how it goes.

Edited - Darn it...I didnt notice the sticky for renewals. Can a mod shift this into the right slot?

Soz! :oops:
Hah! Just got the call. Ready for pick up! Thats pretty darn fast!
I carry, because I care!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

rockNWROL wrote:
I'm hearing many counties are beginning to hold onto CHL's for as long as possible due to political pressure on Sheriffs.
From whom are you hearing this? Are you hearing this from several sources or just a single person?
MyWifeSaidYes
Darkness

Post by Darkness »

I just finished getting a renewal from Warren county. Everyone there was nice, the officer spoke to me like I was a long lost friend. Less than 10 minutes, I walked out with my renewed license.

It was awesome.
It was not fair, it was not fair, it was not fair. So cried his child's heart, and then his child's heart died a little. For that is also the way of the world.
MadStorm

Post by MadStorm »

Miami County,
1st renewal, went in Wed last week and it arrived in mail Saturday. 4 days and mailing included :)
Mark
elad

Post by elad »

Submitted renewal application to Lucas County 9-19-14 thirty days before expiration. Still waiting 10-24-14. :(
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" Wayne LaPierre