CHL Renewal Reports

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

elad

Re: CHL Renewal Reports

Post by elad »

elad wrote:Submitted renewal application to Lucas County 9-19-14 thirty days before expiration. Still waiting 10-24-14. :(
I called last week and left a message didn't get a call back.

I went there today in person to check deputy took my SSN and went back to check. She said they still hadn't gotten the results for my fingerprints back from BCI and they had sent a followup request hoping they hear back soon. I said Monday is 45 days and she said we will call you.
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" Wayne LaPierre
elad

Post by elad »

elad wrote:
elad wrote:Submitted renewal application to Lucas County 9-19-14 thirty days before expiration. Still waiting 10-24-14. :(
I called last week and left a message didn't get a call back.

I went there today in person to check deputy took my SSN and went back to check. She said they still hadn't gotten the results for my fingerprints back from BCI and they had sent a followup request hoping they hear back soon. I said Monday is 45 days and she said we will call you.
I called Lucas County Sheriff 0n 11-3-14 @ 8:30 a.m. (their hours are 8:30 to 3:30) and left message on the recorder: I applied for renewal on Sept. 19, 2014 and it is 45 days today, gave license number and telephone number for call back. I got a call about 10:00 a.m. and she said that my license will be ready today we will call you when it is ready. They called again @ 2:20 p.m. and said it was ready to be picked up full 45 days after application.
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" Wayne LaPierre
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

elad wrote:I called Lucas County Sheriff 0n 11-3-14 @ 8:30 a.m. (their hours are 8:30 to 3:30) and left message on the recorder: I applied for renewal on Sept. 19, 2014 and it is 45 days today, gave license number and telephone number for call back. I got a call about 10:00 a.m. and she said that my license will be ready today we will call you when it is ready. They called again @ 2:20 p.m. and said it was ready to be picked up full 45 days after application.
It's bad enough when a first-time application takes that long to go through. With a renewal, I see no valid reason for that to happen.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
mroach52

Post by mroach52 »

Did my renewal of a very expired license with delaware county on 12/29 had my new licence in my mailbox on the 31st. They were never bad in my experience but delaware did a really great job and was very pleasant as usual.
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Ottawa County today. My renewal took a whole ten minutes. :D
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Dave44142

Post by Dave44142 »

Portage county:

Just wanted to report, i went there on Jan. 2 2015 and they had my renewed license in the mail on Jan 4 2015. It went very well, i an happy with
they way they do the Job.....*smile*
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
buzzbomb

lake county 2/4/15 renewal

Post by buzzbomb »

Renewed at the lake county sheriff's today on Blase Nemeth rd today. In and out with licence in hand within 15 min. Way to go Lake County
Tonyglock

Post by Tonyglock »

Had my appointment for my renewal today in Franklin county. Arrived 15 mins. early. No one waiting so I did not have to way for my scheduled appointment time. From start to finish total time there was about 10 mins. Very good experience. Now just have to wait for the call to pick up my new license.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Tonyglock wrote:Had my appointment for my renewal today in Franklin county. Arrived 15 mins. early. No one waiting so I did not have to way for my scheduled appointment time. From start to finish total time there was about 10 mins. Very good experience. Now just have to wait for the call to pick up my new license.
Good to hear!

My last renewal was quick - less than 24 hours turn-around time for Franklin county.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tonyglock

Post by Tonyglock »

Happy to report I received a call by 10 am the following day to pick up my new license. Good to go til 2020! :D
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hocking county renewal tonight (yay for evening hours!), per the Sheriff's website instructions. Quite painless, little camera glitch, otherwise smooth transaction. I was probably in the office about 25 minutes tops.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

Lake County is still as easy as everyone says. I had an appointment for 8:40am. Arrived at 8:25, and was out with my new CHL at 8:38am.
lash44

Post by lash44 »

Applied for 2nd renewal 7/22/15, Still havnt heard anything back from Cuyohaga County
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

lash44 wrote:Applied for 2nd renewal 7/22/15, Still havnt heard anything back from Cuyohaga County
I did mine on 7/20/15 and it came saturday. Only after a call from lawyer and threat of a law suit did they get moving. :roll:
Black Rifles Matter
crsuribe
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by crsuribe »

I just renewed a Belmont county license in Franklin county (I moved) and the turn-around was exactly 24hrs. Franklin county has the most amazing staff and system for processing CHL's... It was incredibly painless and fast.