Franklin County Sheriff's Office

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sourmug

Franklin County - A-1

Post by Sourmug »

Had the last appt of the day and they called at 8:15 the next am 19hrs.. They did ask why I did not go to the office in the County that I lived and I told them that they had a Great Rep..
WobblyOne

Post by WobblyOne »

Howdy! Noob here...first post.

Franklin County gets a A++ from me. Appointment was at 0900 yesterday, phone call at 0800 this morning to pick up my permit. It was especially good for me as I work at the courthouse anyway and it's just a quick hop across High Street.

For anyone considering Franklin County and concerned about parking, note that there is a parking garage behind the Sherrif's Annex and another garage behind the main courthouse. It's on Front Street atop the Juvie jail. Sure, it'll cost a minimum of four bucks a pop, but it beats going 'round the block for a half-hour trying to find a meter on Fulton Street. Try to schedule your appointment between 1130-1300 and you'll easily find a space. All the guv'ment workers (like me) are at lunch.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Welcome! Glad you had a good experience getting your license at Franklin County SO. Have you been lurking long at this forum?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WobblyOne

Post by WobblyOne »

Javelin Man wrote:Welcome! Glad you had a good experience getting your license at Franklin County SO. Have you been lurking long at this forum?
Thanks, and yes I've been lurking for some time, but there wasn't much sense in contributing to a ccw forum until I could "cc" a "w" (or is it "h"--nevermind. I digress).

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! FWIW, I hope to make an FNP9 part of my daily wardrobe but haven't had much luck in the holster dept. yet. Nice piece, but I wish I'd thought about how I was going to carry the dang thing before I slapped those Benjamins down on the barrelhead.
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

Don't "go cheap" on the holster or belt.
Those are what make it concealable and, most of all, comfortable.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
WobblyOne

Post by WobblyOne »

Thanks on the holster tip! I'm headed to the gear section of the forum right now to see if anyone has any ideas.
Oldsarge

Franklin County A++

Post by Oldsarge »

Hello all,

First Post. Franklin County is great.......Application at 9:00 yesterday, 7 minutes in the office. Called me at 10:00 this morning to pick up license. Am now a licensed, gun carryin citizen. Parking meters on Mound Street are only 30 minutes but office is just across courtyard. I spent total of 12 minutes for both visits. Friendly and professional, couldn't ask for better service. :D
ShadowMech

Post by ShadowMech »

Great service in and out. Parking is a mess. Had other things to do in the area and found the garages full at 8:30am. Grabbed a meter and was in and out in about 20 minutes. They expect extra time due to me needing an FBI check for being in Ohio less than 5 years.

Just remember to bring your training either for a renewal or regular. MAKE an appointment. I saw 2 people come in without an appointment and they got one a week later. One came in for a renewal without a training form. Hate to see the hassles of finding parking only to have to come back and try again.

S.M.
stryker1974

Post by stryker1974 »

I renewed with Franklin County last week. I had called prior (per the sheriff's website) to get an appointment. The gentleman on the phone was polite, and once I told him it was a renewal - he just confirmed that I was aware of the $55 cost instead of the original $45.

I was in at 1pm on Tuesday - took less than 20 minutes. The lady who took the paperwork was on top of things, and very polite. She even engaged me in small talk while going through the picture taking and such.

I had a call the next morning at 9:30am, informing that I could pick the license up. I stopped in around 12:30 that day and got my license.

Only one issue in the whole process - the signature did not print properly on the card. Of course, I didn't notice it until after I got home that night.

I called - they will re-do the license for me. I just need to stop in (as soon as I get back from Kalifornia).
BobK

Post by BobK »

I've never thought parking was that tough. Just remember to approach on Fulton St (one way). There is a parking garage just behind the CHL office and I have always found parking meters on Fulton to be available.

Since it is by appointment, you will be in and out in no time, as above messages have noted.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
ShadowMech

Post by ShadowMech »

Got the call today. When there the guy doing my paperwork said to be patient adn expect a couple weeks or so since they had to do the FBI check since I havent been in state for 5 years. Well they beat that. 9am appt alst wed call at 10am the following wed. One week turn with the FBI check. Can't beat that.

S.M.
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

BobK wrote:I've never thought parking was that tough. Just remember to approach on Fulton St (one way). There is a parking garage just behind the CHL office and I have always found parking meters on Fulton to be available.

Since it is by appointment, you will be in and out in no time, as above messages have noted.
Thats true, but some of us make things harder on ourselfs by driving a dually pickup truck with a crew cab and an 8 foot bed. Its very very iffy as to rather or not that will fit in garages. Most normal garages are fine but I've found alot of the ones downtown seem to be smaller(possibly because they are older?) the normal.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
impcmonk

Post by impcmonk »

I too had a less than 24 hr turn around. Excellent!!!!
3gun

Renewal

Post by 3gun »

Ok, maybe you guys can help with a couple questions?
My current CHL is from Madison County. Will Franklin do the renewal if I go there?
Who takes the 2x2 photo? If they do not do it where do I go to get this taken?
Thanks! :?:
Berlin Kid

Post by Berlin Kid »

Ditto here. Got my license from Madison County (live in Franklin Co) also. Madison Co. Sheriff's office was outstanding but I hear the new sheriff isn't as friendly. :(

Does Franklin Co. do the photo and electronic fingerprints like Madison Co. did? I expire in October so I have a little time.
Sad citizen of the Peoples Republik of Kulumbus.

GSSF, NRA Member