Centre County PA -- Deadline March 31, 2011

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Centre County PA -- Deadline March 31, 2011

Post by Jake »

Only when I turn it up to "eleven".
:mrgreen:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
farblue

Post by farblue »

Jake wrote:Only when I turn it up to "eleven".
:mrgreen:
Because 11 is one louder... :wink:
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
Robert A. Heinlein
SA@YPS

Post by SA@YPS »

farblue wrote:I wanted to give this one a bump and see if anyone has feedback on getting their PA licenses.
I received a letter from Mercer County Sheriff early last week stating that my licence was ready. I still had to go to the station to get my photo taken and to pick it up. In and out in 5 minutes when I went in.
farblue

Post by farblue »

SA@YPS wrote:
farblue wrote:I wanted to give this one a bump and see if anyone has feedback on getting their PA licenses.
I received a letter from Mercer County Sheriff early last week stating that my licence was ready. I still had to go to the station to get my photo taken and to pick it up. In and out in 5 minutes when I went in.
Did you apply in person for your license? Just curious.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
Robert A. Heinlein
Joe111

Post by Joe111 »

I just called the Beaver County Sheriffs office and was informed that they DONOT issue non-resident concealed carry permits anymore. She stated that the "new sheriff doesn't do it anymore".
Starz26

Post by Starz26 »

Does this apply ofr renewals as well?
S&W 340PD - Main Carry
Sig P220 Equinox Carry - Backup
S&W M&P 9mm
NRA 5 year member, US Army Vetran
mrjam2jab

Post by mrjam2jab »

Joe111 wrote:I just called the Beaver County Sheriffs office and was informed that they DONOT issue non-resident concealed carry permits anymore. She stated that the "new sheriff doesn't do it anymore".
Did she give a specific reason? I do believe they have to issue to anyone that applies and is not disqualified.
BobK

Post by BobK »

mrjam2jab wrote:Did she give a specific reason? I do believe they have to issue to anyone that applies and is not disqualified.
IIRC, a PA sheriff decides whether he wants to issue non-resident licenses or not. It is his decision.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
mrjam2jab

Post by mrjam2jab »

BobK wrote:
mrjam2jab wrote:Did she give a specific reason? I do believe they have to issue to anyone that applies and is not disqualified.
IIRC, a PA sheriff decides whether he wants to issue non-resident licenses or not. It is his decision.

Being Shall Issue I don't think they get to make that decision....since it's not prohibited by state statute.

(e) Issuance of license.--
(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:
(i) An individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.
(ii) An individual who has been convicted of an offense under the act of April 14, 1972 (P.L. 233, No. 64), known as The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act. [FN1]
(iii) An individual convicted of a crime enumerated in section 6105.
(iv) An individual who, within the past ten years, has been adjudicated delinquent for a crime enumerated in section 6105 or for an offense under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act.
(v) An individual who is not of sound mind or who has ever been committed to a mental institution.
(vi) An individual who is addicted to or is an unlawful user of marijuana or a stimulant, depressant or narcotic drug.
(vii) An individual who is a habitual drunkard.
(viii) An individual who is charged with or has been convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year except as provided for in section 6123 (relating to waiver of disability or pardons).

(ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).

I say go visit said sheriff's office and submit the application.
SA@YPS

Post by SA@YPS »

farblue wrote:
SA@YPS wrote:
No, I applied with a mail-in application. I believe as of mid August, you now have to apply in person.
farblue

Post by farblue »

SA@YPS wrote:
farblue wrote:
SA@YPS wrote: I received a letter from Mercer County Sheriff early last week stating that my licence was ready. I still had to go to the station to get my photo taken and to pick it up. In and out in 5 minutes when I went in.
No, I applied with a mail-in application. I believe as of mid August, you now have to apply in person.
Thank you. I'm off this coming Monday, I'll probably be taking a ride up that way and see what I can do.
Robert A. Heinlein
Starz26

Post by Starz26 »

Any info on if they will renew by mail?
S&W 340PD - Main Carry
Sig P220 Equinox Carry - Backup
S&W M&P 9mm
NRA 5 year member, US Army Vetran
conn-e-rot

Post by conn-e-rot »

I spoke to a woman at the Centre County Sheriff's office last week and she stated that you have to come to their office in person and that no other county was issuing out of state permits however the day before the Crawford County Sheriff's office told me that they do renew out of state permits.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Can anyone remember what part you have to send back? I remember when I received my license, there was a note in the envelope that mentioned signing and returning a copy of the license I believe? I was organizing some of my personal records and stumbled across part of my license. I'm wondering if I forgot to return part of it... :oops:
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Freddie wrote:Can anyone remember what part you have to send back? I remember when I received my license, there was a note in the envelope that mentioned signing and returning a copy of the license I believe? I was organizing some of my personal records and stumbled across part of my license. I'm wondering if I forgot to return part of it... :oops:
You send back two bottom signed copies. You keep the top coppy and can copy it for more dups if you wish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA