Credentials

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

corrsk

Credentials

Post by corrsk »

My NRA basic pistol instructor credentials expire next month. Do I actually need to renew to be able to certify someone. I don’t teach very often anymore and my sister in law wants to get her permit but our schedules won’t align so I will be able to give her a proper class for another month or so. I don’t see any particulars on it being required for an instructor to have any real certification.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
PM for class info

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Patriots- ... 1429217356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Credentials

Post by JustaShooter »

If you don't renew, you can't legally teach a CHL class in Ohio.

ORC 2923.125 says:
(3) One or more of the following competency certifications, each of which shall reflect that, regarding a certification described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), (c), (e), or (f) of this section, within the three years immediately preceding the application the applicant has performed that to which the competency certification relates and that, regarding a certification described in division (B)(3)(d) of this section, the applicant currently is an active or reserve member of the armed forces of the United States or within the ten years immediately preceding the application the honorable discharge or retirement to which the competency certification relates occurred:
(e) A certificate or another similar document that evidences satisfactory completion of a firearms training, safety, or requalification or firearms safety instructor course, class, or program that is not otherwise described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), (c), or (d) of this section, that was conducted by an instructor who was certified by an official or entity of the government of this or another state or the United States or by a national gun advocacy organization, and that complies with the requirements set forth in division (G) of this section;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
corrsk

Post by corrsk »

Any recommendations on where I can go in the Toledo area to get a class to do I can renew my credentials?
PM for class info

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Patriots- ... 1429217356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

You don't need to take a class to renew, just pay the NRA. Go to your instructor portal and you should be able to pay the renewal fee there if I recall correctly.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
corrsk

Post by corrsk »

I’m just outside the 24 month grace period unfortunately
PM for class info

corrsk

Post by corrsk »

Body of the email I just received

“The grace period for renewal isn't on the training per se, it is on the certifications themselves. If the person wishes to reinstate credentials, but the grace period is up, he or she will have to redo the training. This does now include basic and instructor training.
I hope that this answers your question. “
PM for class info