2017 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

2017 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

For 2017, the Fair season runs from June 12th (Paulding County, 6/12 thru 6/17) to October 14th (Fairfield County 10/8 thru 10/14) this year.

2017 List of County Fair websites: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/fairs.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Left side - click on 'Fairs', then on 'County Fairs')

2017 Alphabetical Schedule of County Fairs: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/doc ... _Alpha.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2017 Chronological Schedule of County Fairs: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/doc ... Chrono.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 2017 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

Post by troy bilt »

I know Erie County still has some 9.68 violations. All buildings on site are posted including livestock barns and shelters.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

troy bilt wrote:I know Erie County still has some 9.68 violations. All buildings on site are posted including livestock barns and shelters.
I know all of Darke County's fairgrounds buildings, (including the restrooms) have always been posted in previous years that I've gone.
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Is it now not illegal to carry into fairground buildings?
HancockCountyHaL
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:Is it now not illegal to carry into fairground buildings?
If the buildings qualify as "government facilities" then carry is prohibited by default. However, many buildings - like barns - are (or should be) considered shelters instead and as such cannot be prohibited. Also, fair boards can now adopt a rule that allows carry in all buildings if they so choose.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:Is it now not illegal to carry into fairground buildings?
Still illegal, unless it's restrooms or a (picnic type) shelter. Looks like JustaShooter gave a more complete reply.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Brian D. wrote: Still illegal, unless it's restrooms or a (picnic type) shelter...
You're limiting the term "shelter" unnecessarily.

The actual exemption is "a building that is used primarily as a shelter".

I can't find any further definitions for "primarily" or "shelter" in Chapter 23 of the Revised Code.

So, yes, a picnic shelter is certain to be exempt, but I think a barn that is used to house animals during a fair and vehicles and equipment the rest of the year would also be exempt. That would exempt a LOT of buildings on a LOT of fairgrounds. :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Brian D. wrote: Still illegal, unless it's restrooms or a (picnic type) shelter...
You're limiting the term "shelter" unnecessarily.

The actual exemption is "a building that is used primarily as a shelter".

I can't find any further definitions for "primarily" or "shelter" in Chapter 23 of the Revised Code.

So, yes, a picnic shelter is certain to be exempt, but I think a barn that is used to house animals during a fair and vehicles and equipment the rest of the year would also be exempt. That would exempt a LOT of buildings on a LOT of fairgrounds. :wink:
Ya know what, Dave? Except for when we've done carry advocacy walks, I don't go to county or state fairs here in Ohio. Between unlawful/ridiculous No Gun signs, wind-blown animal fecal matter getting into the food booths, tainted hogs that have to be taken away and destroyed, deadly carnival rides, the carnies and their rigged games, urban youth breaking into cars and mugging people in the parking area (those last two are directed at the state fair) , I don't see the attraction.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Brian D. wrote:Ya know what, Dave? Except for when we've done carry advocacy walks, I don't go to county or state fairs here in Ohio. Between unlawful/ridiculous No Gun signs, wind-blown animal fecal matter getting into the food booths, tainted hogs that have to be taken away and destroyed, deadly carnival rides, the carnies and their rigged games, urban youth breaking into cars and mugging people in the parking area (those last two are directed at the state fair) , I don't see the attraction.
Are you kidding? You just described a helluva exciting day. :P
MyWifeSaidYes